PDA

View Full Version : Undefined is undefined

Spectre
06-02-2003, 06:49 PM
What i the use of the undifined tile combo?
I'm also scratching my noggin at what the purposes of the convey, trigger and win game tiles are. They seem to not do anything. Wat about the checkbox with <Reserved> next to it?
Can someone clear this up?

idontknow
06-02-2003, 07:10 PM
Well, the undefined combo does not doing anything; in other words, it serves no actual purpose--it does not affect Link or the game-think of it as a 'plain' combo, just like setting the combo type to (none). The convey combos are like conveyor belts, they drag link along in the cooresponding direction, right left, up or down. I dont think the win game combos do anything right now, although perhaps they make you automatically beat the game, like the 'zelda' flag does. OR maybe in the future, after you beat the game, all 'win game' combos change into the next combo in the list.

Edit: the trigger combos activate things called "secret flags"--flags are things placed on the screen that affect certain aspects of the game; for example flags with the word "Push" in its name makes the combo you place it on pushable, so link can push it by walking against it. flags 16-31 are flags you place on the sceen & then set a 'secret combo' to, when secrets are activated, via a 'weapons' flag or a trigger combo, the secret combos of of secret flags will appear, i suggest looking at the basic tutorial for more information

DeathLink
06-03-2003, 01:18 PM
check out Alphadowgs toturial, it has alot of nice info

Questwizard88
06-03-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by idontknow:

I dont think the win game combos do anything right now, although perhaps they make you automatically beat the game, like the 'zelda' flag does. OR maybe in the future, after you beat the game, all 'win game' combos change into the next combo in the list.

Driectly from the ZC help file:
- win game: Not used in this version. It was replaced by the Zelda flag.

Yep. they do nothing. You can think of them as "Plain" combos too.