PDA

View Full Version : RPG Maker 2003 (Rm2k3)

Master Ghaleon
06-01-2003, 07:08 PM
This is the first time I have ever tried to make a RPG game. I ran across the RPG maker so I figured I would give it a try. So I installed it and Im hooked on it! :) But I gotta problem, since I'm new at this kind of stuff I dunno much about variables and Switches, that kind of stuff. I already pretty much got 80 percent of the maps done and have all the Midis for the game.

Im having trouble making a mine switch to move a boulder in the same map. Everytime I go into the place the mine switch will automatticly switch and the boulder moves :confuse2:

I want the darn thing to switch when the action key is pressed on it, then make the boulder move. Instead of the Mine switch automaticly moving so that the boulder will move as soon as you go to the map.

If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong or can tell me where to go for tutorials and such so I can learn these things. I would appreciate it alot. It sucks when half of the help file is bugged. The stuff I really dunno how to do is the stuff that is bugged. I already fixed the font bug in it though.

cap2030
06-02-2003, 12:26 AM
dont know about 2k3 but in 2k you just put push key under event start condition.

Master Ghaleon
06-02-2003, 01:31 AM
I got it to work, thanks! I didnt have the precondition set right. But if you or anyone else know anywhere that have tutorials on stuff like this please let me know. Thanks agian!

cap2030
06-02-2003, 11:16 AM
http://www.rpg2knet.com/tutorials.php

try that.

TedHead
06-03-2003, 10:19 AM
...you have RPG Maker 2003?!?!?

Where do you get it? I didn't think it was available yet!

Master Ghaleon
06-03-2003, 08:26 PM
Thanks Cap, those tuts. are a great help man. It answeed couple probles I was having.

Ted, all ya have to do is go under search and type RPG maker 2003 or Rm2k3, that should work. And have fun once u get it!! :)

Jawa Podracer
06-03-2003, 08:54 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it against AGN rules to tell them where to get rm2k3? It isn't a legal game. You're only telling him to use a search engine, but still. Meh. I'm probably wrong. Anyway, I had it a long time ago, back when it just came out in Japanese. Nothing new really interested me except the new buttons. I'm sticking with rm2k.

TedHead
06-03-2003, 09:43 PM
I searched Google, i didnt find it.

However, when searching Kazaa.... ;) I've even got the websites in came from now! :D

Daarkseid
06-03-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Jawa Podracer
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it against AGN rules to tell them where to get rm2k3? It isn't a legal game. You're only telling him to use a search engine, but still. Meh. I'm probably wrong.

Indeed you are. They did not provide a direct link to a download, nor was the url for a website provided that would host such a download.