PDA

View Full Version : Mario's Insane Rampage Bosses

idontknow
06-01-2003, 12:17 PM
I have somes questions: How did Vel make the custom bosses in Mario's Insane Rampage? what enemies did he use for the eyeballs, and how did he get it so that the statues disappeared and thus the 'fireshooter enemies' stopped firing fireballs? (cuz don't statues never go away properly)

Sephiroth
06-01-2003, 12:24 PM
About your statue question, when the enemy was killed, It triggered a secret combo revealing a statue that is not a "c statue, l statue, or r statue" and thus, the fireballs stopped. If you didn't hear the secret sound, then he put the screen flag" no secret sound" on that screen. But I cannot answer the other ?. :shrug:

idontknow
06-01-2003, 01:22 PM
umm...snort, i know thats what one would think you'd do to get rid of statues, but there's a very annoying bug that prevents that from happening--you'll find several forums regarding this topic--basically, when you put flags who's secret combos are non-statue combos over statues, the fireballs are still fired from their original spot when the secrets are triggered, because statues supposedly render 'fireshooter' enemies, which never go away; so, statues supposedly never go away, and likewise can never appear, but i guess Vel found a way around this bug.

VEL
06-01-2003, 01:54 PM
The eyeballs are Octorocks on crack. The places on the boss that shoot fireballs are c statues. When the eyes are killed it triggers secret flags that remove the c statues and the fireballs stop.

I've heard of that bug before, but I've never encountered it, and never really understood it since I was doing the same thing other people said they where doing, but it worked for me. :shrug: