PDA

View Full Version : HELP with new version of zc

kyle
05-31-2003, 08:33 AM
i cannot get any new versions of zelda classic can somebody help me ive tried downloading everything but it wont work can some1 walk me through this

*b*
05-31-2003, 12:31 PM
have you tried looking at pure ZC? their downloads work for me and almost anyone else, just don't be a AOL user :shrug:

Ganonator
05-31-2003, 02:06 PM
Here is the direct link to their download section, for b182 only
http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=home&act=zcdl

kyle
05-31-2003, 02:48 PM
i downloaded the 182 and support archive but when i use it i get an error message any ideas on how to fix this???
thanks for the help

jaydogg27077
05-31-2003, 09:22 PM
I heard you can play bszelda but i dont know how to bring it up can some help me?

firebug
06-01-2003, 05:11 AM
ok.. first of all, what is the error you're getting kyle? what does it say? probably it has something to do with allegro, and you need an ag.cfg file. to get one, you need to open up zquest-w and play the lost woods midi. once you hear music, exit out, and you have an ag.cfg file and can play zelda classic.
now, for jaydogg.. you first need the .qst file. you either have it, or can find it in the quests at the top of ZC discussion. put the bszelda.qst file in the same folder as the rest of your quests. then, you need to run Zelda Classic and create a character. now, before you hit enter to start a game, press alt. this is the default 'a' button. you should get a box that says what quest is loaded (it's the original zelda game) on this box is a 'browse' button. click that and find the bszelda.qst file, and double click. then play the game. :thumbsup:

kyle
06-01-2003, 11:15 AM
ok when i start zquest-w it says it performed an illeagal opperation and will be shutdown what should i have in the ZCBeta folder right now i have zelda-w, zquest-w, allegro.LOG, 182 test, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, new enemy tiles, sfx.dat, zelda.dat, zgp.dat, zquest readme thing, and ag.cfg
am i missing anything i need?

TawnosTUT
06-05-2003, 08:30 AM
I had troubles with previous versions.
In some way I could not use the files.
Can it be that my computer is too fast or too strong?
hope not well thnx anyway

EDIT: I now have the problem I can''t download the files from the forum but I found the PureZC site and tried dowloading them from there but all I get are .- files which are no good.
Where can I get good files???

DigiPro31279
06-06-2003, 12:48 AM
I do know that the problems I had was that I had moved ALL my qst files to a separate folder and caused my program to crash., I put 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 182 test back into the folder where my beta is and it worked fine afterwards

Happyman
06-06-2003, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by TawnosTUT
I had troubles with previous versions.
In some way I could not use the files.
Can it be that my computer is too fast or too strong?
hope not well thnx anyway

EDIT: I now have the problem I can''t download the files from the forum but I found the PureZC site and tried dowloading them from there but all I get are .- files which are no good.
Where can I get good files??? That's a known bug on the downloads. Rename it to an exe file and it will work.

TawnosTUT
06-06-2003, 09:34 AM
I already got that far and all my problems are solved now
I'm now in the game of making games and wil try to releash something this time.

thnx anyway