PDA

View Full Version : Good Idea?

Dark Templar
05-30-2003, 01:50 AM
Ok on the import car scene you see everyone with their PS2's, XBOX's in their ride with multiple screens..

Well I was thinkin.. wouldn't it be sweet if someone had a NES, built in! You'd see cartridges laying around on the floor and stuff lol.. The decals on the side of the car wouldn't be NOS.. it would be NES!! ;)

Ganonator
05-30-2003, 02:03 AM
lol.. and a classic 8-track player?

seriously, that would be awesome. I'd get one right away. Good idea. ;)

theplustwo
05-30-2003, 02:11 AM
that reminds me... i just saw an article somewhere about a place that will build a modern pc into a NES box for you...

SomUnknown
05-30-2003, 03:03 AM
I was under the impression that XBoxes were much too large to fit into imports, and that you would need an old boat like an Impala or something.

I have a friend who used to have a Volkswagen bus with an 8-track player.

The NES owns all the "new generation" consoles. Much better idea then putting PS2s or XBoxes in.

Dark Templar
05-30-2003, 04:10 AM
You hear that Sony, Microsoft!

0wn3d!!

Shadowblazer
05-30-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by theplustwo
that reminds me... i just saw an article somewhere about a place that will build a modern pc into a NES box for you... I haven't found a site where they'll do it for you, but I know of several projects and tutorials out there on the subject. http://www.junkmachine.com/nintendo/ and http://mini-itx.com/projects/nespc/ come to mind. They use a mini-itx (http://www.mini-itx.com/) motherboard to pack a full-fledged computer inside the NES's little case.

blazer/img/mini-itx.gif

Aren't they so cute? I must have one for myself :D Anyway, the beauty of these things is that they're designed to be affordable and have all kinds of integrated goodies, like TV-out, built right in. If you did build one of those NESPC's with a mini-itx motherboard, you could stick an emulator on there, hook that bad boy up to your TV and give the illusion that you were actually playing games on an NES, just like the olden days ;)

Of course you can easily put a DVD drive in there, so you could also watch a movie on your NES too :sb:

Ich
05-30-2003, 12:14 PM
I also remember someone who would remake old Ataris into something more Gameboy sized, taking apart the Atari and relocating all its components into a small wooden or plastic case, adding in a minitv, and reselling them for more than a new PS1 cost.

Trunks
05-30-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Dark Templar
Ok on the import car scene you see everyone with their PS2's, XBOX's in their ride with multiple screens..

Well I was thinkin.. wouldn't it be sweet if someone had a NES, built in! You'd see cartridges laying around on the floor and stuff lol.. The decals on the side of the car wouldn't be NOS.. it would be NES!! ;)

good idea me and my friend are making a vcd called rice hunt and we were gona get a cheap car and fuck it up and take it to a show all fucked up looking so maybe we'll throw some more money into and put an nes in there lol.

DarkDragoonX
05-30-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Trunks

good idea me and my friend are making a vcd called rice hunt and we were gona get a cheap car and fuck it up and take it to a show all fucked up looking so maybe we'll throw some more money into and put an nes in there lol.

...:odd:

Can anybody translate what he just said for me?

TheGeepster
05-30-2003, 06:25 PM
I think he said he was gonna wreck his car, put in a Nintendo in it, and show it off for car shows..

Makes no sense to me, but whatever floats his boat.

Trunks
05-31-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by TheGeepster
I think he said he was gonna wreck his car, put in a Nintendo in it, and show it off for car shows..

Makes no sense to me, but whatever floats his boat.

not my piece of shit but another one of some make and modle unknown yeah we are gona fuck it up and put it in a show to try to get people to laugh at it not to try to win though that would be funny. :blah: