PDA

View Full Version : WHOA! I got it! I got a sweet boss idea!

Aegis Runestone
05-29-2003, 07:37 AM
If you have "High Tension Wire" from Seiken Denstusu(sp?) 3 in midi, spc or mp3, it doesn't matter, go find it and play it while you read this!

Ganondorf Boss Idea:

Imagine OoT with GameCube level graphics, Imagine Link and Ganondorf in the air, high high in the air. Ganondorf seems to be floating yet Link seems to standing still. The Sky begins to move in the background(start the music!).

Form 1:
Ganondorf shoots magic missiles(I'll call them) at Link, Link can deflect them with the Master Sword, it could be Link's only chance, considering Ganon is always staying out of the Range of the Master Sword.

Like in OoT, Link bounces the spell back to Ganon, however, it's easier to do than it Oot, BUT, Ganon deflects it back more often than in OoT and each gets faster. When successful, Ganon is stunned and falls to a kneeling position. One Problem: He is STILL out of range of the Master Sword...What does Link do?

Heres the cool part: Link pulls out the Hookshot and GRABS Ganon like it was SSBM!! :D And instead of throwing or hitting Ganon with his fists, Link slashes with the Master Sword with the Evil King in his hands, diagonally, vertically and horizantally. Imagine that! I love that! After 3-4 slashes, Ganon breaks free and repeats. After about two rounds of success, Ganondorf tries a different stragedy to defeat Link. I haven't thought it up yet, though. :p

Here's why this in the Quest Help Forum, HOW can I do this with combo cycling and custom bosses and stuff properly?? Anyone have any ideas??

Superstrider
05-29-2003, 12:39 PM
:mega:
Hey, that sounds pretty cool! I hope that you can do that! I would love to play that quest!

idontknow
05-29-2003, 03:12 PM
haha..damn! um, i don't think you could do this sort of thing w/ zelda classic--itd be nice if there was a new kind of magic ball that link must reflect with the sword by slashing-i got it! an enemy flag called "statues shoot magic balls" like "statues shoot fire balls". these magic balls could be reflected by the swing of any sword (but only via the 'slashing' technique; then you could have new enemies that are only killed by these things, or a weapon flag for reflected magic balls

Knil
05-29-2003, 03:54 PM
and while youre at it, make it to where there is a new darknut that shoots fire, and a likelike 2 that doesnt shoot magic, but can only be killed by it, mianly because i need a new fear of the like like besides eating my shield (i had nightmares when i was a kid (4or5) that i would die eaten by a likelike.)

DeathLink
05-29-2003, 07:25 PM
is there a way so when you slash it will put you on a pit? then you could have the combocycled magic going down towards you then when you slash at the right time, it will put you on a pit...your smart, im sure you know what i mean

idontknow
05-29-2003, 07:56 PM
yea, but thats really, really hard to animate it like that, plus, how would you have it so that the fireballs are actually directed towards link? basically, its not really that great an idea; i highly recommend fireballs that link can reflect with his sword; thatd be a great thing to have for such situations!

Superstrider
05-30-2003, 01:42 PM
Hey, why don't you make a Darknut that can be stunned with a boomerang? That would make some battles easier...

Knil
05-31-2003, 01:12 AM
that takes all the *ahem* "fun" out of the challenge of the darknut, but could provide what i call "babies" to the game more fun out of it.....nice job, strider!