PDA

View Full Version : Can't find candle in hidden duality

amie
05-29-2003, 01:24 AM
I can't find the candle anywhere in HD. I have completed level 1 and gone as far as I could in level 2, but now I can't go anywhere else without the candle. I found the lantern, but I have to have a candle to get to it. Also, there is one room I couldn't get to the treasure chest in level 1. The room was completely black with a lantern that needed lit and blocks all around the chest. I have looked everywhere I could get to in the overworld too, but I can't find anyone that sells a candle, or has a candle. Please help. I am extremely frustrated.

DarkFlameWolf
05-29-2003, 01:39 AM
about that chest in level 1, there will ALWAYS be one chest in every dungeon that you can NEVER access until you COME BACK to the dungeon with an item from the NEXT dungeon in sequence. So in this case, finding the lantern in level 2 will help you snag that chest in level 1.
As for the candle, what you are referring to is the lantern. So you have found the candle/lantern in level 2, you just need to get it. You need 2 keys to access it and the route to get to the lantern is on the lower floor.

amie
05-29-2003, 02:39 AM
ok, I got the keys and got the lantern, but now I am having a problem that I think might be some sort of bug. There are two rooms with crystals in them, one where the crystal is in the corner and the other one is where two crystals block a door with a key. In both rooms I have tried shooting the crystal with an arrow, hitting it with my boomerang and burning it and the crystal doesn't respond to any of it. Also, in both levels 1 & 2, when you go into the room with the guy that says welcome, my screen locks after the message types and I have to quit the game, then restart to get the screen unlocked. The same thing happens in the caves in the room with the guy that has a green vial and says something about wanting a boost in magic, or something like that. Do you have any idea on how to fix this problem? I just downloaded and installed the beta 182 & beta 183 files a couple of days ago because I hadn't known that I needed them. Thanks for the help.

Ielen
05-29-2003, 02:45 AM
You need to use the magic boomerang to trigger that crystal. The magic boomerang is hidden somewhere in Lvl 2 also.

Probably you need to press the left [Alt] Button to continue the message string as it may not be complete message.

Hope that helps.

Crackers
05-31-2003, 05:52 PM
Okay, where's the master key in lv2? I already did this and am onto 4 but started playing the director's cut and now can't find the key. To bad we couldn't have just downloaded HD-DC onto the other one and started where we left off. Can someone please help me with the master key for lv2???????
I have the magic boomer and the lantern :(

DarkFlameWolf
05-31-2003, 11:39 PM
if I'm not mistaken
on the second floor head left from the second room from the entrance. Until you get to four blocks in the middle of the room, bomb one and push the other onto the bombed spot. Solve the block puzzle in the next room. Continue down to the lower floor and around the loop to reach the boss key.

Cloral
06-01-2003, 03:32 AM
I just beat this level. I thought I was the only one who made his levels this big... :eek:
Good job so far. :thumbsup:

DarkFlameWolf
06-01-2003, 10:01 AM
oh, you ain't seen nothing yet if you thought level 2 was big Cloral. ;)

Cloral
06-02-2003, 08:49 PM
Well that was my point. For just being level 2 it is quite large. Its as large as the later levels in many other peoples' quests.

I just finished up level 3. This quest has given me the inspiration to go back and work on my quest again.

One suggestion though - it would be nice if the blocks that can only be pushed a certain direction were marked in some way. This isn't that big of a deal in most instances (i.e. the blocks that make certain passages one-way, since they're usually positioned such that you could tell by their position anyway), but in the block pushing puzzles it can be annoying when you find a solution and then it doesn't work because of a block that won't move how you expected it to.

Ielen
06-02-2003, 10:21 PM
The puzzles are meant to frustrate most players but with determination & logic, you'll soon be solving it. If you have a very good memory, you will soon remember which blocks are one/bi-directional & which are multi-directional.

DarkFlameWolf
06-03-2003, 12:39 AM
what Ielen said. :P

Cloral
06-04-2003, 01:59 AM
Well, to me, having to try each block to see what random movement restrictions it might have isn't very puzzling - its just tedious. Imagine if in the originol LoZ they decided to make it so that the location of the block you can push in dungeon rooms was random, such that you had to go around and try every single one in every single room you got to. That would be kinda extreme, but I hope you get my drift.

I have one quick question though. I'm in level 4, and I got the hint about where I might have to go (not being explicit so as not to give it away to anyone). However, I haven't been able to get there yet. My question is, do I need a treasure from level 4 before I can get there (it seems to me like theres nowhere left in level 4 for me to look), or am I missing something in the overworld? Please don't be any more specific than that, as I would still like to figure it out myself - I'm just trying to narrow down my search a bit. :)

Ielen
06-04-2003, 02:10 AM
There is an item linked to Lvl 3 after you defeat the boss. That item will lead you to a place where you recover what was taken away from the dungeon.

DarkFlameWolf
06-04-2003, 09:05 AM
there is but one item left in level 4 and a key to reach it.