PDA

View Full Version : Politically correct?

carrot red
05-28-2003, 04:33 PM
HOW TO SPEAK ABOUT WOMEN AND BE POLITICALLY CORRECT:

1. She is not a BABE or a CHICK - She is a BREASTED AMERICAN.
2. She is not a SCREAMER or MOANER - She is VOCALLY APPRECIATIVE.
3. She is not EASY - She is HORIZONTALLY ACCESSIBLE.
4. She is not DUMB - She is a DETOUR OFF THE INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY.
5. She has not BEEN AROUND - She is a PREVIOUSLY ENJOYED COMPANION.
6. She is not an AIR HEAD - She is REALITY IMPAIRED.
7. She does not get DRUNK or TIPSY - She gets CHEMICALLY INCONVENIENCED.
8. She does not have BREAST IMPLANTS - She is SURGICALLY ENHANCED.
9. She does not NAG YOU - She becomes VERBALLY REPETITIVE.
10. She does not have MAJOR LEAGUE HOOTERS - She is PECTORALLY SUPERIOR.

Boys, you thought I forgot about you, didn’t ya?
Well, think again. Here’s your list.:naughty:

HOW TO SPEAK ABOUT MEN AND BE POLITICALLY CORRECT:

1. He does not have a BEER GUT - He has developed a GRAIN ALCOHOL STORAGE FACILITY.
2. He is not a BAD DANCER - He is OVERLY CAUCASIAN.
3. He does not GET LOST ALL THE TIME - He INVESTIGATES ALTERNATIVE DESTINATIONS.
4. He is not BALDING - He is in FOLLICLE REGRESSION.
5. He is not a CRADLE ROBBER - He prefers GENERATIONALLY DIFFERENTIAL RELATIONSHIPS
6. He does not get FALLING-DOWN DRUNK - He becomes ACCIDENTALLY HORIZONTAL.
7. He does not act like a TOTAL ASS - He develops a case of RECTAL-CRANIAL INVERSION.
8. He is not a MALE CHAUVINIST PIG - He has SWINE EMPATHY.
9. He is not afraid of COMMITMENT - He is MONOGAMOUSLY CHALLENGED
10. He is not HORNY - He is SEXUALLY FOCUSED.

It's a joke.

Pablo
05-28-2003, 04:49 PM
Bah, political correctness...it causes some of the stupidest things to happen. Then again, it spawns hilarious stuff like this. :shrug:

sagelink
05-28-2003, 04:54 PM
I'm gonna start using those "Politically Correct" versions of "chick"!

Ich
05-28-2003, 05:19 PM
Usually, politically correct terms are used to prevent offense. I think more girls would hit you if you called them a breasted American than a "chick."

ka7an4
05-28-2003, 05:24 PM
You know what one example of political incorrectness that pisses me off, calling every person with slanted eyes “Chinese.” Why not just say Asian, it’s even a shorter word. ;p

SquishyMon
05-28-2003, 05:51 PM
Political correctness is dumb.

I don't even think polititians should be politically correct, they should say what they really mean. Unfortunatley, most polititians are critizised when being politically incorrect; our President, for example. Freedom of speach gives everyone that right. Just like Michael Moore has the freedom to say whatever he wants and I have the freedom to say he's a jackass. Why don't people just stop fighting with words and money and duke it out the good old fashion way? Then the world would truly be a better place.
*gets down from soap box*

slef
05-28-2003, 07:23 PM
too many people are dumb and over react about being politcally correct. they should all be locked in a cage and we'll see how politically correct they are then.

TheGeepster
05-28-2003, 08:10 PM
Actually, for #10 on the gal's side, I thought that term was MAMMARICALLY SUPERIOR..

These are hilarious, but woe to him who tries to use these terms. :laughing:

Gerudo
05-28-2003, 08:15 PM
:rofl:

where did you get these? absolutely hilarious!

inori
05-28-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by carrot red
2. He is not a BAD DANCER - He is OVERLY CAUCASIAN.

Yup, that's me... -_-

Originally posted by ka7an4
You know what one example of political incorrectness that pisses me off, calling every person with slanted eyes “Chinese.” Why not just say Asian, it’s even a shorter word. ;p

If you hang around enough Asians, you figure this out. One of my roommates is Vietnamese (ethnically... she's actually from Georgia), and she gets really annoyed when people mistake her for Chinese. Some Chinese people actually did that once, and tried to talk to her in Chinese... they were caught a bit off-guard when she hadn't the slightest clue what they had said.

I've gotten to the point where I can, on rare occasions, tell the country of origin of an Asian person by appearance. (Mostly, I can just say "Japanese" or "not Japanese," since I hang around Japanese people most, working on my language.) It's hard, though; mostly I'm looking at the person's style of dress and such more than physical features.

TheGeepster
05-28-2003, 09:12 PM
Most of us are unable to dinstinguish the general features which differentiate one Asian nationality from another. I have tried to be able to tell, but I'm not yet abot to do so, especially if it ends up that the person isn't Chinese, Taiwanese, Korean, or Japanese..

Rijuhn
05-29-2003, 12:31 AM
Political correctness is so wrong. All it does is make people scared to say anything anymore. Hell, I've always got to be careful what I say because I might offend someone, but I don't care. I saw what I want and what I feel 90% of the time in public. It doesn't matter anyhow because I don't think or say anything that can be used against me.

I can usually tell the difference between Taiwanese, Japanese, and Chinese. I have a problem seeing any difference between all of the smaller Asian countries and provinces that I've never heard of simply because I don't really know much about them. It's fun to guess peoples ethnic background and find out your right. I love the way that I don't discriminate against race or religion, because I can truly appreciate other cultures. I want to travel the world one day.

sagelink
05-30-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by ICHBINDASWALROSS
Usually, politically correct terms are used to prevent offense. I think more girls would hit you if you called them a breasted American than a "chick."

I was making a joke.