PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't it be cool...

vegeta1215
05-28-2003, 03:02 PM
...if the Nintendo GBA player allowed you to connect to an online network where you could play your multiplayer Gameboy games online with others? I had this idea last night, and I think it is a possibility: the GBA player would take care of the interfacing, and to the GBA it would just look like another person was sitting next to you.

I'm anxious to see what Nintendo is doing for online gaming, and I hope they consider Gameboy as a possible avenue.

Dart Zaidyer
05-28-2003, 03:31 PM
It's an interesting thought, but not likely to happen.

More likely however, is to get one of those GBA programmers out on the 'net to make a program that will send Link Cable data through your computer.

Thunderbird
05-28-2003, 03:33 PM
The only problem with that is I'm betting that no GBA games are made with internet lag in mind (gee I wonder why that is). Add in Internet lag factors, and you can get some pretty weird situations.

Cloral
05-28-2003, 04:11 PM
...but neither were SNES games, but ZSNES does a pretty good job of it. It might not be the cleanest thing in the world, but it could work.

SquishyMon
05-28-2003, 06:00 PM
I thought they were already supposed to have started on that? When it came out, I heard somewhere about a cell-phone like accessory that would allow the GBA to go online. It seems feesable, despite the obvious speed issues. What about WiFi?

Dart Zaidyer
05-28-2003, 09:47 PM
I'm pretty sure that the GBA link cable can only go at about 2 or 3 kb/sec, which is enough on a 56k connection...