PDA

View Full Version : heres a thought

zerox
05-28-2003, 06:49 AM
in zquest can you put characters you-know just standing around. also can you go up and press a button and talk to all/some of them?

idontknow
05-28-2003, 03:33 PM
1. you can make 'characters' in the sense that you just make a combo that looks like a character; you could also use the 'eyeball' combo so that the character appears to be facing link, depending on his direction (see my zquest tutorial for more info about this-the link is in the signature)
2. you can't make characters where you approach them & then then press the a button, you can however, make it so that they talk to you when you approach them by having pit warps--so far, there are no true characters (or NPC's as they are formerly being called), but they are being planned on for the next public release & are definately being worked on

zerox
05-29-2003, 09:12 AM
can you tell me how to do the second one that you were talking about. iam still a beginner and i read and printed all of your walkthroughs but i don't remember any thing about having characters that talk to you when you stand beside them.do they dissapear after you talk to them jike the ones in caves?:confuse2:

zerox
05-29-2003, 09:57 AM
can you tell me how to do the second one that you were talking about. iam still a beginner and i read and printed all of your walkthroughs but i don't remember any thing about having characters that talk to you when you stand beside them.do they dissapear after you talk to them jike the ones in caves?:confuse2:

TheGeepster
05-29-2003, 12:04 PM
THe general idea for talking to the guys on screen is to place a pit combo which looks identical to grass in front of the guy you want Link to "talk" to.

1) Copy-paste the screen to an unused map screen and set up a dmap for it (You can use 1 dmap for all the talking screens if you wish, so long as each has its own screen.)

2) Set the tile in front of the guy to be an identical looking pit combo.

3) Set up a timed warp back, taking a guess at the length of time it takes the message to appear, and set the side warp to go back to the main screen.

4) You may want to make some "solid" grass tiles to prevent Link from moving. Also, check the forums for what needs to be set up for the text to appear, and how to make the "guy" invisible so it doesn't spoil the illusion.

5) Go back to the original screen and set the tile warp to the selected and now set up text screen. Be sure to set up the return point.

Your talking person should be done. And it'll work, so long as you don't have any caves, stairs, or doors on the screen the guy is on.

Now you may have to ask how to some of this, since this is sort of an overview, without the specific details of how to do each of the steps, but you ought to be able to find out how by looking and asking.

Also, beware double posting. The mods discourage it (even though it's obvious you accidentally hit "Submit" twice. Happens to everyone at some point.)

Freedom
05-29-2003, 06:38 PM
I made people talk to link like this....

Make 2 screens exactly the same and on different dmaps.
put a stair warp right in front of the "Character" on layer 1 and cover it on layer 2 with grass, floor or whatever.
do the same on the second screen (dmap) only one block away from where you did the first.

Set "tile warp to insta-warp on these screen to make it work and set a message string on the second screen as well.

don't forget to set the blue square where link will land on the screen, it should be where the warp tile is.

You can still use a side warp on these screens as well.