PDA

View Full Version : Ocarina of Power - need help

pLeitorian
05-28-2003, 12:39 AM
Hey there, maybe someone can help me out.

I'm playing Wild Bill's "Ocarina of Power" and have finished the first 7 levels. But I've only got about 13 hearts for my troubles, and I can't find the Wand or figure out how to get the Magic Book. I don't have the ladder, either.

Did I miss something somewhere? It sure seems like I need these items before I play Level 8. (I sure hope they are not in Level 7, I hated that damn level! Took me a week to get through it...)

Also... off topic - a little shameless self-promotion - keep an eye out in the upcoming days/weeks for my third quest. I *finally* got around to making one with the "v1.92 beta 163" version. Got a huge sheet of paper in front of me right now with all the corrections. One weird thing about the beta version, the time on the subscreen disappears halfway through playing my quests for some strange reason; and also after winning them. Very strange.

ms_zelda_lady
05-28-2003, 03:16 AM
I wish I could help but I'm not as far as you are yet. I've done the first 5 levels but I'm stuck trying to figure out how to get the power bracelet from that room just to the left of the entrance.
No wand,ladder or magic book for me either but if I figure out how to get any of them I'll let you know. Please will you tell me how you got the bracelet.
Looking forward to trying out your new quest. But I'm puzzled as to why you would make it with the beta 163 and not the newest
one that everyone else is using.

Thanks in advance

ms_zelda_lady

pLeitorian
05-28-2003, 07:43 AM
There's another version?

OK, now I'm kicking myself... I could have sworn v1.92 was the most recent beta??

As far as the power bracelet: I think Level 5 has TWO entrances. It's the one on the lake, right? I'm pretty sure you just go to the other side of the lake and blow the whistle, or take the docks or something.

Unfortunately it's been several weeks since I found it so it's hard to remember. What color is it? If it's green it's the Level 2 one and maybe the original was in one of those mini-dungeon places.

-----------
Corrections:

Level 5 isn't on the lake, and I notice that I cannot figure out how to get to one of the rooms in the actual Level 5 (the top center room, straight up from the start). I wonder if an item I need is there.

By the way, if you want the path to the boots so you can play in the desert of death, I believe it is this way, one square (tile) at a time: UURRUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLDDRRRRRDDLLLLLDD(D)DRRRDDLLLLL LDDDDDDLL. Walking that way should take you close enough to just run in and get the boots. The (D) indicates when you'll go to a new screen. Technically I think you are supposed to wait for the Lens of Truth, but, frustrated, went off and did that instead.

carrot red
05-28-2003, 09:37 AM
No, you're talking about level 6 (it's the one with 2 entrances).
The wand isn't in level 7.
Do you have the boots? It's in the desert area in a cave you already visited I'm sure, you just have to walk through a wall or something. Search it again, the wand is there. As for the Book, you'll get it in level 8.
There is no ladder in this quest.
Sorry, that's about as acurate as I can be.

Edit: I just remembered that the Book of Magic is essential in level 8, so I figure you'll find it north of where you found the wand, still in the desert area.

pLeitorian
05-29-2003, 01:19 AM
Thanks. I got the Wand and Book and am taking on Level 8, which is a real beast of a level so far!!

There's also a HCP that I can't get in one of the dungeons ... it's behind some blocks that lead to some stairs, I've tried EVERYTHING that I can think of but I cannot reach where that HCP is. I forget what level, sorry. But if this sounds familiar help would be good. That one plus the Level 8 heart container will give me fifteen hears. Also I have no idea how I will burn the rock near the mountain with a sword, without a ladder in the quest :-/

The HCP that I am talking about ... it's behind blocks but the path is only one tile wide. And I think it's one of the dark colors (so probably not level 5).

carrot red
05-29-2003, 09:34 AM
How about you use that brand new powered Wand of yours on the rock?;)
Something is fishy here. I don't remember this quest being hard. (The only level I truly hated was level 8 with all its complexity.) Do you have the Blue Mail? (Hidden in one of the dungeons and make use of that hammer.)
As for the HCPs you're talking about, there are rooms outside the dungeon maps, you should explore them. I managed to gather all of them.
And no, there is no ladder in the quest.:)

pLeitorian
05-29-2003, 09:45 PM
OK, the HCP I cannot get is in Level 6. I've tried every room, every edge of the map, and I cannot find ANYTHING to get to the set of stairs that will take me there. Help! :(

It's not hard, but level 8 is driving me crazy, because lighting those torches is a real pain ...

Raichu86
05-29-2003, 10:22 PM
Have you used the Lens of Truth in the desert to find the path to the boots? If so, go exploring around the desert and find the cave with some gels, traps, and a weird block arrangement. Play the Ocarina on the Triforce piece and see if that helps you. ;)

BTW, what version of ZC are you using to play this? If you're using a 1.92 beta, there's a bug right before Level 9 that prevents completion. I should probably release a 1.92 version of it.

pLeitorian
05-30-2003, 01:00 AM
I got the wand and book. My only remaining trouble is that HCP in Level 6 (and also that it would only make 15 hearts, where's #16/the other 4 HCP's?)

I'm playing on 1.90 so I think I will be able to complete it. I wish I had a cheat to go down those stairs by that L6 HCP and see where the hell they come from!!

------

Ah, I figured it all out. That cave with the wand+book had a triforce you whistle on that shows you some arrows; don't know why I didn't notice it before. The HCP in L6 is REALLY hard to find; I had to go back through 4 or 5 times, the stairs to it were in an off-map room on the left side, once you leave the rafting room.

Took me a whopping 8:10:32, and that doesn't count all the "do overs" that I did (paying for info and then resetting).

Never did find my 16th heart container though!!

Thanks to all who helped - and to the person who can't get the bracelet in Level 6, try the other dock (go along the north side of the lake). I think that should take you right to it...)

carrot red
05-30-2003, 06:03 PM
Go try Fall of a Honky Pig now, if you haven't already.
I couldn't help you more, I played it like a year and a half ago and I'm not good at directions.

pLeitorian
05-31-2003, 11:10 AM
Thanks red, but I've got my hands full with OOT2 and Triforce of Seasons at the moment. Thankfully those are unpassworded so I shouldn't get stuck again...

Anyone have any other good recommendations of quests? Nothing REALLY hard, I'm not much of a gamer. For example, the original Demo quest kicks my butt on a fairly regular basis.

Also, I need ideas on what to call my most recent quest, it's 99.999% completed (just going to add in some magic reflecting columns in a few rooms, and then it's good to go) but there really was no theme, it was just for me to learn all the new stuff in v1.92 build 163. I don't think I ever got everything but there were quite a few new features in there! (also, I'm quite proud of myself for managing to implement all the arrow/boomerang sparkle graphics on my own without help because when it comes to graphics, I stink :)). It's an 8x8 overworld with 9 regular levels and 5 minilevels, every item available, and magic being a factor (ZC1.92 has Bubbles and Item Bubbles, but how come no Magic Bubbles!! That would be a good idea...). I think it's the most challenging of my three quests but still not in the "ridiculous" range, like throwing in multiple deathknights early on or anything.

Maybe I should just call it "Nameless" or "Quest With No Name," eh? :)