PDA

View Full Version : Developers can be so cruel....

Blonde799
05-27-2003, 08:27 PM
Take a look at the dissapointment behind RPG Maker for the PS(yes, I know why so don't bother:tongue: ):
http://pub41.ezboard.com/fpaviliongaminggroundsfrm154.showMessage?topicID=9 .topic

Another example would be the Gothic tileset for TS2. So, anyone else got any other examples of people not sharing?:p

Jawa Podracer
05-31-2003, 05:10 PM
Well, not really hidden, but Mew and Celebi. Also, most of the old Pokemon in Ruby and Sapphire. You have to go to some stupid promo thing to get them. And, for the case of the Pokemon in Ru/Sa, you'd probably have to buy them.

Vagla
05-31-2003, 11:27 PM
Well, not really hidden, but Mew and Celebi.

Actually, you didn't need to go through the promo or even use a GS to get Mew. There was recently a method that was proven to be true in which you can catch Mew and other Pokemon by interrupting one of the trainer sequences and doing a few specific steps. I'd be a little bit more descriptive, but I never tried it out, so I don't remember all of the steps perfectly.

Though, of course, it's a glitch which shouldn't work at all. The *idea* is that you can't get Mew without the promo thing, it just happened to not work out perfectly.

Blonde799
05-31-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Jawa Podracer
Well, not really hidden, but Mew and Celebi. Also, most of the old Pokemon in Ruby and Sapphire. You have to go to some stupid promo thing to get them. And, for the case of the Pokemon in Ru/Sa, you'd probably have to buy them.
I wouldn't really call that hidden, as I was thinking along the lines of something that was in the game, but not accessable by almost any means, so you'd have to hack the game to actually get it. The tekken games were my favorite hacking grounds for that reason. Namco sucks for not having the extra life option, other hidden characters and movelist switch function in.:p

Jawa Podracer
06-03-2003, 08:56 PM
Hmm. No games really come to mind in that sense. If I think more on it, I'll probably come up with something.

ShadowTiger
06-04-2003, 02:49 PM
What Gothic Tileset do you mean exactly? ;)

Blonde799
06-04-2003, 04:51 PM
FRD(Free Radical Design) was going to include a gothic tileset in the mapmaker for TS2(some strategy guides actually show the level). It was supposedly removed due to lack of development time for its optimization.