PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Duality: Director's Cut Released!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DarkFlameWolf
05-27-2003, 06:51 PM
http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/planetdescent/darkwolf/zeldaclassic/hiddendualitydc.zip

This probably tacks on about another 2-3 hours worth of game time. It has many graphical enhancements as well as little nitpick fixes. All previous bugs in the previous two versions are now fixed. 5 new mini-dungeons added. Made optional dungeons 1-3 now required to beat. Made enemies in Ice Palace invisible, requiring Cross. Made new puzzles in level 9. Adding enemies and changed some enemy formations to make the quest harder, but not to the point of being above average difficulty. So the general player should be able to make it through with only little frustration if he/she is used to the type of battle that is in HD. Furthermore, the 5 new mini-dungeons are optional and as such, are a test of your battle prowress and skills. So beware. ;) This is, in my opinion, the ULTIMATE version of Hidden Duality, the version that I hope to replace the other two versions as being the ONLY version of Hidden Duality. This is how I wanted the quest to be if I had waited a little longer to release it like I'm doing now. So everyone update your quest databases, here is the final thing! :)
Enjoy! (all questions and comments can go in this thread.)

idontknow
05-27-2003, 06:56 PM
um yeah, all thats wonderful, but too bad there is an error on the page after clicking on the link--hhhmm...i suggest getting that checked out soon

Dart Zaidyer
05-27-2003, 07:15 PM
Please don't tell me you hid the Slash ability.

TheGeepster
05-27-2003, 07:30 PM
I got a bad link error of some sort as well.

DarkFlameWolf
05-27-2003, 08:50 PM
Don't know about the error, its working FINE for me.
if not, just insert this fully after it cuts off after the dl.aspx? portion: /planetdescent/darkwolf/zeldaclassic/hiddendualitydc.zip

And yes, I hid the slash ability.

Sephiroth
05-27-2003, 09:51 PM
ummm it says I need to register to download the quest.. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :angry:

Ielen
05-27-2003, 09:54 PM
I just completed HD, so will try this DC after some time :)

Got an important question :
Does this final version include the enemies found in HD Xtreme?

DarkFlameWolf
05-27-2003, 10:23 PM
yes, you have to register, but except for your email address, you can bullshit the rest of the info they ask for. And once you're signed up, you're signed up for life and you can download whatever you want that's a free public server hosted download from gamespy from now on.
And yes, I included some Fire robes and some more Bat robes and some more super darknuts. There is, however, only 1 death knight and he's in a EXTREMELY concealed location guarding a newly added item somewhere near the end of the game. That's all I gotta say.

TheGeepster
05-28-2003, 06:29 AM
I'll try it again later. Looking forward to the new mini-dungeons.

Cloral
05-28-2003, 12:43 PM
Yeah, still, there's no way I'm signing up.

DarkFlameWolf
05-28-2003, 04:40 PM
well, I did post it at PureZC, so give it some time for Wildbill or Nick to get the director's cut uploaded to PureZC. :)

NerdWarrior
05-28-2003, 08:08 PM
-_-
It'd be nice if you'd work on a new quest. Oh well, I'll just replace my old version of HD. :(

Cloral
05-28-2003, 08:10 PM
Right then. I havent tried any of the other versions of HD yet, but I think I'll give this one a try.

DarkFlameWolf
05-28-2003, 08:59 PM
ok Cloral. And as for Nerd Warrior, don't you think I have? I'm currently waiting on tile work from two talented artists, otherwise I simply cannot do anything until that tilework is done. I'm trying to do something different with my next quest, and I cannot do it without new tile work.

Odanaki
05-30-2003, 07:19 AM
OK ! I will try it again.

Since I am a very «average» player, I flushed the previous game after 55 hours and 215 deaths. At that time, I was at Level 8, but just could not go farther.

I have tried other Quests, but somehow I missed the challenge...

Is it possible to see the map in this new release?

Also, I have read that version 184a or something like that had fixed the bug. Could you release it attached to your new version like you did for version 183?

TIA

Odanaki:cry:

DarkFlameWolf
05-30-2003, 12:39 PM
um, not sure if I can do that, you're still going to have to suffer the map bug in 183 to play HD: DC. However, I have enabled the overworld map option in the quest now. So you shouldn't be too lost. And oh, as for Nerd Warrior's comment AGAIN. I am now in the planning stages of a PureZC Tileset quest. Its not my 'main' quest I'm working on with my two artists, but its a side project which should be short, small and sweet harking back to the old days where exploration, fighting were key with minimal puzzle solving. (like the 1st and 2nd quests! I'm debating whether to use the old subscreen and eliminate the hookshot, flippers, hammer, cross, etc. or go with the revised subscreen for this quest since it uses a BS overworld and only has 7 dungeons.

TheGeepster
05-30-2003, 07:07 PM
I was wondering if you'd forgotten about that DFW. I hadn't a peep about it as of late.

Nick
05-31-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by DarkFlameWolf
well, I did post it at PureZC, so give it some time for Wildbill or Nick to get the director's cut uploaded to PureZC. :)

http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=quests&quest=52

It's up and running at PureZC now. I also fixed the ZC version that was marked for the other two versions of HD (must have been a silly mistake when they were added).