PDA

View Full Version : Text color

Espo
05-27-2003, 03:22 PM
For some reason the color of the message string text is a light blue that is hard to read against certain backgrounds. I tried to look for a way to change it in the misc colors menu but nothing I did worked. how do I set the message string color to white? thanks

idontknow
05-27-2003, 03:33 PM
go to the misc colors menu & then look for something like 'text', then click the digit to the right of it; the first digit is for the cset of the current pallette, and the 2nd digit is for the actual color within the cset that you have chosen-the colors you see at the top are the most 'popular' colors that are hard-coded into zquest, which are suggested colors that you can see but you can use any colors from the current pallette (or from the main pallette) for any misc colors; i do know for a fact that you can change the text color, its just a matter of finding the right digits to change

Espo
05-27-2003, 03:47 PM
This is the menu i was in before. i see options like 'test' and 'caption' and from what i can tell they are set to white (51 for the cset and pallette in this graphics pack). when i change them the text at the top of the screen that displays stuff like the number rupees or bombs remaining changes but the message string text is still blue.

idontknow
05-27-2003, 06:53 PM
i think its caption you have to change, and double check the pallette and cset-honestly, i know only a lil bit about pallettes and such, so try PMing somebody else that would particularly know stuff like this, perhaps alphadawg or something