PDA

View Full Version : Matrix Reloaded Thoughts

Zio
05-26-2003, 09:54 PM
What did everyone think about THe Matrix: Reloaded and what was your favorite part.

deathofspam
05-26-2003, 10:01 PM
Man, it always freaks me out when multiple peopel use one icon. Anyway, back on topic, I enjoyed it, but took issues with alot of it. I enjoyed the fight in the dojo, because it was real, they were both really there for the whole thing, and cause i enjoy noticing mistakes in placements of random objects in movies

SquishyMon
05-26-2003, 10:07 PM
Yeah the part where the trucks blew up was cool... I mean the philosophical ideas were quite intellectually stimulating. The rave party thing was also interesteng from an artistic point of view and seemed to parralell the nightclub scene in the first movie.

Shouldn't this be in General Entertainment Discussion?

Tsukuru
05-26-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by deathofspam
Man, it always freaks me out when multiple peopel use one icon.

Yeah, I feel the same way.

The Matrix: Reloaded wasn't as good as it was hyped to be. Neo couldn't even keep his pants on for 10 minutes into the movie. The action scenes are what saved the movie.

TheGeepster
05-27-2003, 03:47 AM
I enjoyed it, but I think the original was just a touch better. They could have done without the one scene in Zion without it affecting the main storyline much. Also, a touch too much of the frozen time techniques during the fight sequences.

However, the philosophy, plot, and action were all above par.

obi
05-27-2003, 08:30 AM
I havent seen it yet, but im going with a special female friend to see it wednesday :D

Granted, seeing the film is not what im looking forward to the most :naughty:

Shadowblazer
05-27-2003, 08:50 AM
I absolutely loved it. Been waiting for it for four years and I have to say that I wasn't the least bit disappointed with it.

Favorite Part: Neo vs Smith

...and Smith

...and Smith

...and Smith

and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith and Smith...

carrot red
05-27-2003, 10:10 AM
Tsukuru, are you sure we're talking about the same movie here?
I loved it! As for my favorite scene, look above ^.

AtmaWeapon
05-27-2003, 01:54 PM
The first 45 minutes or so of the movie?

/me points his thumb downward

TTTTTHHHPPPPPPTTTT!!!!

After that, thumbs up.

****SPOILERS IN THE REMAINDER OF POST****

After Neo meets The Oracle, everything shapes up. The fights become more fight and less bullet time. It's like they realized they were overdoing it, but didn't want to refilm the earlier scenes. The sex scene? Not neccessary. They could have erased that 10 minutes of the movie, and it would have been exactly the same. Smith clone fight? There were some obvious computer-stunt-double parts, but awesome nonetheless. Highway battle? Awesome. The Architect told me enough that I can kind of guess what Revolutions is going to cover. It freaks me out what Neo did to those sentinels, though. I wonder what that was and how he did it.

mikeron
05-27-2003, 01:57 PM
No, the best scene was Neo bludgeoning one of the exiles with a mace. :p

TheGeepster
05-27-2003, 06:46 PM
The Neo vs Exiles fight scene was an excellent one, as well as the pure and simple fight before Neo sees the Oracle. The Neo vs Smiths battle was pretty good, but it slowed time a bit too much.

mike5000
05-28-2003, 04:52 PM
I agree with atma, The first 45 minutes did suck, but the rest of the movie made up for that.. The scenes with Smith in them I enjoyed teh most, I hope in the 3rd movie they have more Smith! How many times has everyone seen it? Iv seen it about 20 times now, due to Kazaa : )

TheGeepster
05-28-2003, 08:07 PM
Smith figures prominently in the third movie. I saw the trailer at the end of Reloaded and it made that abundantly clear.

AlexMax
05-28-2003, 10:19 PM
SPOLIER ALERT FOR ENTIRE POST

You know what I think? You know how Neo went against the way of how things were supposed to be in the first movie, and he thusly got out of the matrix? Well,. he chose somethiing that was not intended when put on the spot by the architect. The other "ones" chose to have Zion destroyed but release a few more people from the matrix. Neo chose to have the matrix destroyed, something that was unintended. So maybe there is another matrix on top of the origional one, the one where zion exists, and he's escaping another matrix? What happens when you keep exiting matrix's? In my opinion, thats when Neo will meet God.

And this is entirely speculation, do NOT take any of this to be truth as it is entirely my conjecture.

DOBULE THIRD MOVIE SPOILER ALERT

Remember that street scene with smith in the Revolations trailer? Well, it turns out that they make a friggin crater out of the whole block by the time it's done. Just what I heard from a friend...