PDA

View Full Version : Enter the Matrix - is it worth it?

Kirby of Doom
05-26-2003, 01:30 PM
Well, I got it yesterday for Gamecube, and it is somewhat not good.

Plusses:
Really good graphics, controlls are easy, lots of stuff you can do, guns, lots of guns :D

minusses:
When it's dark, it's dark meaning you can barely see anything, even when it's not the level that's pitch black (trying not to give away too much)
I don't know about you, but I like action and running around shooting everyone, not searching for stuff and especially not protecting other people.
The hacking thing is really stupid - don't bother with it, just get the cheat codes at gamewinners.

So, what do you think?

MottZilla
05-26-2003, 06:11 PM
It's a good game to rent ONCE. The game lacks any depth, multiplayer, levels are very linear and boring. They espite being linear can be a bitch to figure out. Not enough things to fight. Etc.

All in all, not a game to buy.

Thunderbird
05-26-2003, 06:51 PM

Yet it will probably sell millions simply due to the name. Sad, isn't it? :P

Ian
05-26-2003, 07:52 PM
I thought it was a great game. I wouldn't but it though, it's too short, I rented it for the weekend and got halfway through, and I barley played it. I thought the hackng was pretty cool to play around with, but it isn't something to buy.

Kirby of Doom
05-26-2003, 08:39 PM
Oh well, at least they had an offer where I get store credit for buying the guide and prebuying the Animatrix, maybe I'm down 50 bucks but I get those things free. Ok, so then the guide is worthless but I saw a preview of the Animatrix on MTV2 and it looks kind of cool. :shrug:

illicit
05-26-2003, 09:38 PM
I heard it was a good game.

Ian
05-27-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Kirby of Doom
Oh well, at least they had an offer where I get store credit for buying the guide and prebuying the Animatrix, maybe I'm down 50 bucks but I get those things free. Ok, so then the guide is worthless but I saw a preview of the Animatrix on MTV2 and it looks kind of cool. :shrug:

What is Animatrix? I've heard a lot of it over the past few weeks, but I'm still not sure what it is.

obi
05-27-2003, 11:03 AM
An animated version series about the matrix, some about the past, other on the future. SO far there are 9 movies (dont think they plan on making more). Take it from me, most of them are great but two in particular (A Boys Story(somehting like that) and World Record) dont tickle my fancy. Oh and The Last Fight Of the Osiris is fully Computer animated.

Jawa Podracer
05-31-2003, 05:02 PM
IMO, the game sucks. I'm damn glad I didn't buy it. Think about it: if it wasn't the Matrix, would you buy it?

Ian
05-31-2003, 07:28 PM
If it wasn't so easy/short, I'd but it but I got through so much of ETM in so little time, but what I played was awsome. The only thing is, there wouldn't be a game like this (gameplay style with focus and all that) if it weren't the Matrix. I'll answer your question with another question: Would there really be another game exactly like this, if it weren't the Matrix?

Grasshopper
06-01-2003, 12:56 AM
I've only gotten to the Helicopter with Ghost when I rented it a few weeks back, but after playing I think is designed for one purpose, to tell more of the story of The Matrix.

Yet it will probably sell millions simply due to the name.
The game IS the name. This game couldn't be another game with a different name. Its so tighty wrapped around The Matrix, about The Matrix, for The Matrix, that for anything else, it couldn't exist. So yup, its designed for that purpose, and I think it does pretty good. (and the only game like that I can think of) Definetly not a game without flaws though, but I thought it was decent

Dragon
06-03-2003, 03:16 PM
The games biggest trump card is the fact that it contains scenes that you will only find in the game. Fans of the movies will want to have access to all the information possible, and for that you need to beat the game with both characters... or at least Ghost (to find out a family secret).

Gameplay wise what is there is good, the game has many excellent parts and the multiplayer (which is unlocked) is addictive. The game is short, but there are other games far shorter and much easier. To say the least this blows Wolv's Revenge out of the water, and is one of the better movie games.

The choice is simple, if you love the Matrix, you will enjoy the game (the game is good, the movie clips are what makes it great). If you just enjoy the films and can't stand short games, you may just want to rent it. I love the series, and the Animatrix which just came out, so I was more than pleased with the game.

Jawa Podracer
06-03-2003, 08:08 PM
Well, I love the movie, but I think the game sucked overall. They boasted over 1000 kung-fu moves: Over half were variations of other moves. Also, it's repetitive. I only got to play it for ten minutes, but it sucked for that ten minutes. Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's not.

Would there really be another game exactly like this, if it weren't the Matrix?

Would this sell so well if there was no Matrix movie to begin with?

Dragon
06-04-2003, 02:56 PM
10 minutes is not a long enoguh time in which to judge a game, but like you said... to each their own.

gdorf
06-06-2003, 11:18 PM
I bought it and then sold it to a friend. For some reason that game would NOT install on my computer. Every time I tried it gave me sporadic errors that wouldn't go away. Its funny because I never have had troubles with other installs. I'll probably end up downloading the ripped version and have it work just fine. :P

Rijuhn
06-06-2003, 11:36 PM
I rented Enter the Matrix today for my GCN, and I have to say that the game is good. It's not only good for being a port of a game, but it's good for being a movie to video game conversion, and it's an over good game with sweet ass controls. I feel like I'm in the movie when I take on a load of enemies. This game is worth renting at least once.

Jawa Podracer
06-09-2003, 09:30 PM
Everyonme where I live. Either-

A.) I didn't give enough playing time to judge it.

B.) They're all blinded by hype.

c.) They are still trying to beat it, and find humor in doing the same thing over and over.

WarOmnimon
06-14-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
It's a good game to rent ONCE. The game lacks any depth, multiplayer, levels are very linear and boring. They espite being linear can be a bitch to figure out. Not enough things to fight. Etc.

You do have some points there Mott. But there IS multiplayer. It's a secret option through the hacking system that's incorporated into the game.