PDA

View Full Version : Combo cycling and layers

Ganonator
05-26-2003, 01:05 PM
I am trying to use combo cycling on a few layers to make a very cool effect, but apparently, you just can't do that.

Does it work? anybody have experience in this area? I'm really really hoping that things don't have to be on layer 0 to cycle.

Praethus
05-26-2003, 01:37 PM
Sorry, combo cycling only works on layer 0...

idontknow
05-26-2003, 02:36 PM
odd how it is that combos animate on layers, but do not cycle, hmm? also, secret flags can now appear on layers--maybe in the future, we can have different enemies, items, warps, and combo affects on different layers--that would be awesome!

Ganonator
05-27-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Praethus
Sorry, combo cycling only works on layer 0... ugg.. i guess i'll have to plead my case to DN...

TheGeepster
05-27-2003, 04:07 AM
This is probably already on his to-do list, at least for layers where combo types may make a difference.

idontknow
05-27-2003, 03:27 PM
combo types don't make any differences on any layers, except for of course layer 0. Personally, the best case scenario would be having combo types take affect on layers 0-2, since link is underneath them and combo types are really meant to affect link only, and combo cycling should occur on all layers, even though they're combo properties would not mean anything on layers 3-6-the reason for combo cycling on layers 3-6 would be cool, is so you could have neat effects on all layers, such as "one time animations".

TheGeepster
05-27-2003, 07:32 PM
What about things like no-fly combos which affect whether or not keese and such can fly over them?

idontknow
05-27-2003, 07:35 PM
if its on any layers, even layers 1-4, all which flying enemies fly under, then it does not work, just like all other combos-it doesn't matter. i think the only exception is that like block and lock block 2 combos all act like lock block 2 combos when on layers-they will change to the next combo in the ilst when a lock block combo on layer 0 is opened, so i guess this is somewhat an exception to the rule--if you think of others, please let me know