PDA

View Full Version : hahaha

Beldaran
05-23-2003, 02:41 PM
What Does Your Daddy Do? It was the first day of school and the teacher thought she'd get to know the kids by asking them their names and what their fathers did for a living. The first little girl said, "My name is Mary and my daddy is a postman."
The next little boy said, "I'm Andy and my Dad is a mechanic."
It was then little Johnny's turn and he said, "My name is Johnny and my father is a striptease dancer in a cabaret for gay men."
The teacher gasped and quickly moved on, but later, in the school yard, the teacher approaches Johnny privately and asks if it was really true that his Dad dances nude in a gay bar.
Little Johnny blushed and said,

"No, he's really a guitar player for the Dixie Chicks, but I was too embarrassed to say so." :laughing: :lol:

Ich
05-23-2003, 03:17 PM
LMAO, that is the funniest thing I've heard all day.

They completely deserved all the reproach they received after they made the comment in the UK.

jman2050
05-23-2003, 03:55 PM
oooooooouuuuuuuuuccccccchhhhhhh

THey certainly don't deserve this O_O . But what do I care? This was freaking hilarious :lol:

moon_princess
05-23-2003, 04:14 PM
That was a good one, hilarious.

Poor kid, I'd be embarrassed if I were him, too. :D But of course, could be because I don't like country music...or the Dixie Chicks, I don't know.

BebyGoku
05-23-2003, 06:47 PM
LOL thats great i hate the dick chicks. That has made my day :D

J.J. Maxx
05-23-2003, 07:12 PM
The other night I was watching the American Country Music Awards and seeing all the famous country music signers there I couldn't help but imagine what would happen if the whole place exploded and everyone died...

...Country music would die. :eviL:

carrot red
05-23-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by ICHBINDASWALROSS
LMAO, that is the funniest thing I've heard all day.

Same here. I love it. :lol:

TheGeepster
05-25-2003, 04:23 PM
The Dixie who? I've forgotten all about them by now..

I would've used the Ray Stevens idea from "The Haircut Song"..

"My daddy's a logger.."

moocow
05-25-2003, 06:42 PM
*giggles uncontrollably*

That was awesome, Beldie. Awesome.

Ian
05-25-2003, 08:22 PM
LMAO, that was really great, it made my day!

theplustwo
05-25-2003, 09:11 PM
i read in a magazine once that the solution to the dixie chicks is the chemical brothers, :shrug:

Ibis, God of Magicks
05-25-2003, 09:45 PM
Wow. That is an old ass joke.

You know, I don't understand what the fuss was all about. So, they spoke thier minds. Who cares? If we don't like whats going on, we do have the righ to say so.

Personally, I am also embrassed that bush comes from texas.

I am embarrased that bush is human.

I am embarrased that bush is male.

I am embarrased that bush is white.

AlphaDawg
05-25-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Ibis, God of Magicks
If we don't like whats going on, we do have the righ to say so.That my friend was the problem. The Dixie Chicks (along with every other liberal Hollywood type who "had the courage to speak their minds") couldn't grasp that concept. Instead they all started playing the "blacklisting" card.

Oh yeah, this all reminds me of a funny ticket giveaway they had on a local radio station the other day, it was called the (Eddie) Money for Nothing and the (Dixie) Chicks for free... 'cause nobody wanted them (the Dixie Chicks tickets, that is...)

Starkist
05-25-2003, 10:03 PM
I'm embarrassed that California is a state, I'm embarrassed that stupid Hollywood liberals get more screen time than people with common sense, I'm embarrassed that I share the same planet as France....

^^ Free speech in action: you may disagree with me but you darn well better defend to the death my right to say it!

Foxx
05-25-2003, 10:56 PM
All the "little Johnny" jokes that I've read have been absolutely hilarious.

Mercy
05-26-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by AlphaDawg
That my friend was the problem. The Dixie Chicks (along with every other liberal Hollywood type who "had the courage to speak their minds") couldn't grasp that concept. Instead they all started playing the "blacklisting" card.

Oki, I am confused. Why is it a problem for people to speak their minds? Maybe they are teaching something new in (US)American schools these days but when I was a wee lass the freedom to speak our minds was one of the things that made this country great.

The blacklisting reference also confounds me. They were specifically and purposefully removed from station play-lists and gig offers were revoked due to their expressed political views. In other words, they were blacklisted. It was not exactly an industry secret nor were they 'playing the blacklisting card' by pointing out the obvious. Last I knew, most stations that play the Dixie Chicks' style of music are privately owned. It should be well within the rights of station owners to pick and choose what legal material they want to play or not to play based on whatever criteria they find appealing. Just as it is the right of the listening audience to support or boycott radio stations for their own reasons.

More on topic, that joke was funnier the last time I heard it when Johnny's father was a lawyer.

m.

skidphyzz
05-26-2003, 12:26 AM
Thats great, I've always hated the dickie chi>< and their constantly pregnantness, so I'm glad that eveyone is mad at them HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!?!?

TheGeepster
05-26-2003, 07:48 AM
I consider what the Dixie Chicks (read: Natalie Maines) said to be pure, unabashed Bush-bashing. That said, they had every right to say it, but if their fan base takes insult at it, and the Dixie Chicks lose face for it, that's the consequences of their speech. The freedom to speak isn't a freedom from consequences, and it was wrong of them to play the "blacklist" card because many country music fans actually like this president and took offense.

However, all that is old news, and not worthy of bringing up really. We ought not let our anger turn into ill will towards them, even if we choose not to finance them any longer (or never did buy their stuff for that matter).

Mercy
05-26-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by TheGeepster
and it was wrong of them to play the &quot;blacklist&quot; card because many country music fans actually like this president and took offense.
Once again, what is meant by "playing the blacklist card"? They were blacklisted. Numerous radio stations and concert promoters across the country said that the Dixie Chicks were not getting play time because of their views on Dubya. "Playing a card" usually refers to someone using something to their advantage and, beyond the negative publicity, I fail to see what they were gaining, or trying to gain, by having their work blacklisted.

m.

TheGeepster
05-26-2003, 09:13 AM
Well, their gripe as I understand it was that people had no right to react to their comment as they did, but the consumer has every right to choose whom they support. And I think many of the radio stations were reacting to their own public more than anything else. So that's what I meant.

As I said, it's all old news now and I'm not particularly concerned about the Dixie Chicks anymore.