PDA

View Full Version : SWedish!!

zed_cool
05-23-2003, 03:06 AM
Is there anyone here that speaks swedish?? It would be fun to talk to someone in swedish!!

Translation: Är det någon här som pratar svenska?? Det skulle vara bättre om jag kunde prata med någon som kan svenska, som jag!!

Zed

Master Ghaleon
05-23-2003, 04:25 AM
I have a hardtime speaking english as it is. :tongue: I couldnt see myself speaking swedish. I hear that spanish is the easiest foreign lang that their is. I barley passed it in highschool. So I think for me even to try to speak Swedish is outta the question. I would think that Turdocat would speak it, sense she is from there.

inori
05-23-2003, 04:27 AM
Swedish, no. Japanese, maybe... :kawaii:

zed_cool
05-23-2003, 05:31 AM
Yeah, like.. I mean that if soimeone is from sweden that person and I could talk.

ShadowTiger
05-23-2003, 07:34 AM
Well, We've got Tudorcat and Demimore, may as well ask them. :shrug: I don't see why they say that their English isnt' so good, as I carry on conversations with them all the time, and I personally saw no problems at all. :eyebrow:

zed_cool
05-23-2003, 07:38 AM
Ok. Thanks. Ill see if ill ask them!!

Axel
05-23-2003, 08:11 AM
sorry, Je ne parle pas Swede*.
*this was a guess, I don't know the French word for Swedish. and don't try talking to me in French. Je ne parle pas francais. that's all I know how to say.
Yo no hablo swede o franco
*both guesses.

plith
05-23-2003, 09:36 AM
Le mot français pour “Swedish” est suedois…
La Suède, je crois, est le nom du pays.

Pourquoi est-ce que personne ici ne parle français?

(Et ne me donnez pas cette merde comme "Personne n'aime les français!")

carrot red
05-23-2003, 10:03 AM
Foot in the mouth section, pardon my French

Originally posted by plith
Le mot français pour “Swedish” est suedois…
Tu as oublié l'accent: Suédois. ( Je ne vais pas me mettre * te vouvoyer)

Pourquoi est-ce que personne ici ne parle français?

(Et ne me donnez pas cette merde comme "Personne n'aime les français!")
Je n'aime pas les Français.:D
Tu penses qu'il serait intéressant de parler une langue que personne d'autre ne maîtrise * fond? (Je n'en vois franchement pas l'intérêt.) Je considère toujours qu'on dit du mal de moi quand on se met * parler une langue qui ne m'est pas familière en ma présence. C'est juste une impression, je n'en sais rien.

Darunia, se dice morimos o moriremos, no?

plith
05-23-2003, 10:27 AM
J'avais cette impression quand je suis allé en France. Tout le monde parlait trop vite et riait trop souvent... Quelquefois, j'ai même compris qu'ils se sont moqués de moi... quelquefois.

AtmaWeapon
05-23-2003, 01:05 PM
Je parle français un peux.

(I think I screwed the spelling of peux up... I spend a lot of time in South Louisiana, so I confuse cajun Freedom with Freedom Freedom)

plith
05-23-2003, 04:18 PM
Peu, not peux. Peux means "can" (as in, "I can").
And French, not Freedom. Freedom means "liberty." :tongue:

AtmaWeapon
05-23-2003, 04:43 PM
Bah. That's just what the Freedomites want you to believe...

carrot red
05-23-2003, 10:59 PM
Atma, I love your Freedomites thing.:)

plith, the thing is that the French we wrote has got nothing to do with what is spoken. The language evolved a lot and most of it became two sorts of slang (argot et verlan). Verlan is, I don't know if you know that, reading the word backwards with inversed syllables (ex: meuf = femme, ripoux = pourris).
If you don't talk like them, you're an outsider.:shrug:

fatcatfan
05-23-2003, 11:41 PM
Gaulia est provincia.

Quid tempus hoc est?

Quid nomen tibi est?

And that's about the extent of everything I remember from Latin.

Wo ist die toiletten?

You don't even have to know German to translate that one.

Tudorcat
05-24-2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Britannianhero4
Well, We've got Tudorcat and Demimore, may as well ask them. :shrug: I don't see why they say that their English isnt' so good, as I carry on conversations with them all the time, and I personally saw no problems at all. :eyebrow:

Thanks BH4 thats always good to hear :D

Zed Cool the thing is that I rather practice my English skills instead of talking Swedish ok? But if you feel like you need help understanding something or whatever please feel free to ask me anything allrighty?

:kitty:

Ian
05-24-2003, 09:41 AM
I try not to learn other languages, takes too long for me

zed_cool
05-28-2003, 06:53 AM
Thanks Tudorcat! If I ever need translation, Ill ask you!