PDA

View Full Version : can't run hidden duality

amie
05-23-2003, 01:28 AM
I don't know if the problem is with my computer, or what, but I downloaded hidden duality 2 different times with deleting the last one first, then both times I extracted the file into my zelda folder. When I go to start the quest so that I can play it, it comes up with the message; file error, invalid quest file. I tried another game by darkflamewolf and I got the same message. I have gotten it on a few other games, but I really wanted play hidden duality. If anyone knows if there is something I can do so that I can play these games I would really appreciate it.

Ielen
05-23-2003, 02:40 AM
You can either get it at these sites :

1) PureZC
http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=quests&quest=31

2) ZC Network
http://www.zcnetwork.net/qdb/comp/DarkFlameWolf/HiddenDuality.htm

3) JayeM's site
http://www.jayemason.com/quest/questsD.htm

HD runs only on the 183 player, so you need to get that player. You can get it at JayeM's site also.

Paul
05-23-2003, 02:43 AM
Hmm, maybe it's the version of the ZC player you're using? I've heard that HD works in the 182 beta, but that the 183 beta player is much preferred (due to 182 bugginess). I also happen to be playing this quest using the 183 player, and it's working great for me.

amie
05-23-2003, 09:04 PM
I got the 183 beta file and I got hidden duality off of JayeM's site. I extracted both files to my zelda file, but it still says invalid quest file on hidden duality. Did I do something wrong or what? thanks for the help.

Ielen
05-24-2003, 01:00 AM
I just checked HD at JayeM's site runs fine.
Some questions though:

1) Did you copy & paste the 183 player into the folder ZCBeta?
ZCBeta should have the 182 support files in it.

2) Did you load HD as a custom file correctly?

Normally invalid file occurs when you play a higher version quest on a lower version player (like the 163 player). Or your 182 support files are either corrupted.

So what I can suggest is to delete your current ZCBeta, but do try to make a copy of your zelda.sav file as it contains your previously saved games. Then reinstall the 182 support files, as well as the 183 player (Zelda-w.exe) into the folder. Following that, just load HD as a custom quest. Hope that works.

amie
05-24-2003, 02:39 PM
Ok, I don't know much about the computer games and stuff, so I am lost. I have the zc190.zip file that is my zelda game. I don't see anything in the folder that says zcbeta. I tried to go on the main zelda website and download zc163.zip, but when I tried to open it, it was an empty file. I think I probably have the wrong program or something cause I don't see any 182 support files in any of my programs. The only file I could find that you mentioned was the zelda.sav file. If I need a different file, can you let me know where I get it at Please. Thank you for all of your help.

Ielen
05-24-2003, 11:17 PM
Go to below to download the 183 player & 182 support files :

http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66621

Just download :
1) Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 183 for Windows
2) Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 182 for Windows
3) Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 182 Support Archive

Run 2) & 3) first, it will create a folder called c:\ZCBeta
Then cut & paste 1) into c:\ZCBeta
Then start ZQuest-exe (editor) & exit it.
Finally run Zelda-w.exe (game) & play :)

amie
05-25-2003, 03:24 AM
Thanks very much, I got it all working now. I didn't realized that there were other files that I needed to download for playing th qusts.

amie
05-25-2003, 07:15 PM
I got it all to work, but I just have one little problem. When I hit my space bar to look at the map for the second time in any game, the game closes out and returns to the desktop. Any ideas why that happens?

Pathwalker
05-25-2003, 08:31 PM
amie: that is a bug in zelda. There is nothing you can do to fix it, Hopefully in the next version it will be fixed. In the meantime remember not to use the map more than once per session without saving and closing out of the whole program. Then you can reopen it and use the map one time again.

VEL
05-25-2003, 08:37 PM
amie please don't double post (posting twice in a row), it is against the rules. Please use the "edit" button to edit your last post instead. ;)

amie
05-25-2003, 10:43 PM
Ok, thanks for all of the help. I am sorry about the double post, I hadn't seen the edit button before. Thanks for all of the help though. I have really appreciated it.