PDA

View Full Version : Question about grabber-w

mjctraider
05-22-2003, 09:31 PM
I was wondering if I use the grabber to grab tiles from another tileset to add to a tileset that I am currently using and if so. How do I go about doing this? I'm not 100% sure what to do and I do not want to screw up the current tileset I am using. Any help would be appreciated.

Kry
05-22-2003, 09:50 PM
http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/blackeye/stretch.gifhttp://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/blackeye/stretch.gif

No problem. It's nothing too hard. When you're in the tile screen, highlight the spot you want the tile to be. Next press grab and select the file you want to grab the tile from. Hightlight (or drag and select to get more than one the tile) you want and press enter. If you don't like what you just did just press "U" (Undo).

mjctraider
05-22-2003, 10:35 PM
Ok was able to get some tiles, but how do you higlight the tiles to get more than one at a time and how do you prevent the tiles from getting messed up when you grab them, or is this not preventable. For example I was grabbing a few tree tiles and when I grabbed four tiles and placed them into the tileset I am using there was some blue that was on two of the tiles, which shouldn't have been there. When I grabbed it there was no blue, but when I placed them in the tileset the blue appeared. I was able to fix the tile by editing it, but not sure if I'll be able to fix all tiles that easy if it keeps occuring with all the tiles I grab.

Questwizard88
05-22-2003, 10:49 PM
Hold shift, and click on another tile to select all tiles between the first one you selected. If the tiles you are gr5abbing use a differewnt palette than what you are using, youre gonna have to recolor them, or use a graphics program to cahnge them to your palette.

mjctraider
05-22-2003, 11:04 PM
Ok thanks. I was able to grab multiple tiles. I figured that the change in color of the tiles had to do something with the different palletes. Thanks for the help.

Tom
05-26-2003, 03:23 PM
i'm surprised no one has noticed the subject the grabber-w isnt for grabbing tiles its for grabbing sounds and also if anyone listened to his question they would realise he wated to move tiles from a tileset to another tileset so please someone help him coz i'm not sure if i know myself

mjctraider
05-27-2003, 07:01 PM
They did answer it. I just didn't realize that I didn't need the grabber to achieve what I wanted to achieve.