PDA

View Full Version : Two questions

mjctraider
05-22-2003, 05:12 PM
This is a dumb question, but I can't figure out what I am doing wrong here. I am trying to create a room that Link enters and a message appears. I created the message string and then for the screen where he is inside the room I select the message created to appear when he enters the room. The problem is that it does not appear. What am I doing wrong?

My second question is this. I am testing my quest and noticed that there are flowers that change color as soon as he enters a scrren where the flowers are at, it even happens to bushes. For these screens where this occurs I am using the same palette just changing the color of the bushes and flowers by using the + and - buttons. Why is it that the bushes and flowers are changing to another color when I enter the screen?

Any help on either of these questions would be greatly appreciated.

DeathLink
05-22-2003, 05:37 PM
#1: you have to have a [guy] set to something other than (none) and the dmap level has to be set to level 0

#2: check you dmap level color and make sure its using the right palate

mjctraider
05-22-2003, 06:37 PM
Before you read this I am using the pure tileset.

Ok so if the dmap is set to 0 can LInk warp to anyhere on the map that has a dmap of 0 or does he have to warp to tile 80 or maybe it's 81? I only ask this because in the hidden duality quest I see that the shop rooms are different and the message appears. I just wondered if I could create different rooms and have messages that I create appear in these different rooms.

So how do I create the rooms using the house pallete so they appear in the map with a dmap of 0 and the messages appear and at the same time create an overworld that uses an overworld pallette and have that map set to dmap 0, because if I am correct Link will start out on what ever map has a dmap of 0, but if he enters the house the colors will be messed up.

DeathLink
05-25-2003, 07:03 PM
if you are going from the overworld (lv0) and your trying to go to a shop you have to you tilewarp to a dmap shop or a dmap dungeon to see 'guys'

use (under the tilewarp menu) entrace exit to a diff dmap that has the right palate

hope that helps:drool:

TheGeepster
05-26-2003, 08:21 AM
Also, 'Fairy' is not useful for message strings. So make sure the following is true.

Level# isn't 0.
Guy is set to something other than (none) or fairy
Dmap isn't an overworld (or BS Overworld?)
String isn't (none)

If you want to set up an invisible guy, you may have to move tiles around to achieve it.

Also, the color palettes displayed on ZQ may not be the same as what ZC shows. Make sure you set the dmap palette up correctly if the colors are wrong.