PDA

View Full Version : Moving Blocks

Link879
05-22-2003, 04:20 PM
I made some blocks that move and stay up for a little, then move back down so Link can walk through them.. only problem is, when I try to move him over the down blocks, he won't. How can I make it so he cannot walk over them when they are up, but can when they are down?

Knil
05-22-2003, 05:04 PM
as far as i know, you cant. nothing can come to mind to make it that way, but i could be wrong

Kratheous
05-22-2003, 05:26 PM
Actually, it is possible if you are using a public beta. You need to make two combos... One where it's up (make it completely unwalkable) and one when it's down (make it completely walkable). Then, click on the NEXT box, and click on the opposite combo. If it's too fast, change the Animation Frames to 1, and adjust the Animation Rate accordindingly to whatever makes it slow/fast enough for you...

This of course, is assuming Combo Cycling works when using non-animation. I think I read somewhere that you must animate combo-cycling combos... You'd have to ask someone else, though, about that.

Ganonator
05-23-2003, 06:08 PM
yes.. combo cycling requires 2 frames a piece.

To make it smooth, have about 5 different tiles, one all the way down, 3 for transition, and the 5th one all the way up. Double all of the tiles in your tile pages, so it looks like A A B B C C and so on. On the first combo, have it all the way down, and walkable, 2 frames at whatever speed. Don't worry about the NEXT yet.

do the same for the rest of them. Lots of people have the middle 3 be damage 1/2 combos, but its up to you. When completed, if you want the thing to go up and down smoothly, double up your middle 3, in reverse order. Now, simply link them all, by going into the NEXT combo and selecting them.

Place combo number 1 on your screen, and the rest will take care of itself!

TheGeepster
05-25-2003, 02:36 PM
I have heard cycling can work with 0 frames animation, but that it was buggy. I know it doesn't work with 1 frame animation, so I'd recommend 2 frames for any static animations.

Link879
05-25-2003, 02:39 PM
it works.. thanks!