PDA

View Full Version : well,where do i begin.....a yes tiles

zerox
05-22-2003, 03:33 PM
as you probably already imagined i am still a beginner when it comes to zquest but one major thing has been bothering me since i started.i want to use bs graphics but when i do i cannot use the water icon because it is not in my main box like in ordenary graphics so....i can see it when i go to quest>tiles but i just cant mofe it from there to my main editing thing on the right...... any ideas i bet it is something really simple that i just didn't spot.

plith
05-22-2003, 04:11 PM
SHIFT+DOWN/UP
SHIFT+PgDOWN/PgUP

Scrolls through the combo list. You can right-click on combos to edit them (tile used, walkability, combo properties, etc.)

idontknow
05-22-2003, 04:15 PM
no, you should have been begun with alphadawg's tutorial; anyhoo, here's what you do:
1. right click an empty 'space' on the right side of the screen--these are called COMBOS & are what are actually placed on the screen.
2. Select a COMBO TYPE; in this case you would want to select WATER.
3. click the tile in the left hand corner & then double click the tile you want to replace it with; TILES make up COMBOS.
4. If you want it to animate, click the 0 next to animation frames to set the # of ANIMATION FRAMES it takes to animate (the # of CONSECUTIVE TILES makes up a sequence of animation). Leave this # at 0 if you do not want it to animate
5. Click the 0 next to the ANIMATION SPEED to change the animation speed--the higher the #, the slower it animates; 0=very rapid animation. Each # is the # of tics; each tic=1/60 of a sec; 60 tics=1 sec. So if you set the animation speed to 60, after 1 second, the animated combo will change to the next consecutive tile in the series.
6. click the 1st grey square in all four areas to make it all red, which means its completely uwalkable and since its a water combo, link will only walk over it when he has the flippers item.
7. if you want link to be able to swim from the start, go to Quest, Initial Data. Flip through the pgs until you come to 'equipment' and then check the 'flippers' box
8. You may need to set the sprites of the flippers by going to Quest-Graphics-Sprites-Items and then clicking on the flippers item-do almost the same thing here as you did a combo-set the tile & animation frames if necessary.