PDA

View Full Version : some for beta 188

idontknow
05-21-2003, 07:58 PM
after having fooled around with beta 187 for a lil bit, i have some suggestions for the next beta, 188:
1. Make an NPC creator/editor just like Kratheous's mock ups (& get rid of them as enemies, since it wouldn't be necessary); it'd go under the menu heading quest; Quest->Graphics->NPCs
2. If thats a long shot, then at least for the next beta make NPC solid/unwalkable so link can't go right through them
3. Fix the link sprites editor so that you can actually choose the sprites & see them clearly; for now, you can only see the pound tiles unless you hold down an arrow key & also, when clicking on the sprites, they do not change
4. Focus Largely on polishing up the newest features & fixing bugs--like the link tile mods, the NPCs, etc. i highly recommend somehow getting temporary message strings to trigger when pressing A near an NPC or something (or when coming in contact)
5. Also focus on new items--a second 'whistle' type (see the initial data menu); long & short hookshots; implement the other two spells (farore's wind & nayru's love); amulet 2; and more items to fill in the gaps for the 4 or 5 empty items slots for the revision 2 subscreen
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aside from all this stuff (which is mainly stuff that is planned on), i would like to see arrow counters, NPC dialogues, info tags in strings, such as $rupees (which would be replaced with the # of rupees link currently has when playing the quest), Mask, so that certain NPCs can talk to you; perhaps if we get a NPC editor, we can have a check box to make it so that it won't trigger the screen unless Link is wearing a 'mask' item; electric rod item! :)

Blonde799
05-21-2003, 08:27 PM
3.Why? You can already choose which sprites to use, and it's not like you can't. I understand what you're trying to say, but I like it as is. It shows me how the tiles look when animated, and that's what a lot of people have been suggesting for a while.:) And I still don't understand this blurry issue. The sprites to me aren't blurry, and I can see all the tiles. Holding an arrow key doesn't do anything for me.:confuse2:

4.DN already suggested an action button.;) I was thinking of an action item, to save buttons, but meh.

5.DN said he'd polish everything up before 2.0. He was also planning on releasing another PB. I suggested to just go for the 2.0 release and skip the PB.

idontknow
05-21-2003, 10:13 PM
yeah, i agree-skip the pb before 2.0 and just focus on polishing everything up for 2.0 in the long run--as far as the sprite editor for link, itd be best to select the tiles manually instead of having to simply edit the hard-coded tiles because what if you want to move all of link's sprites to a different page in order to make room for other tiles or something-like if i wanted like 3 to 6 pgs of link's tiles, then i couldn't do that unless i had link's tiles be on like pg 100 or something becuz i already have so many tiles there and i don't want to have to delete anything & rearrange stuff, much of which i can't anyways, like enemies tiles. Also, i don't know why but the link sprite menu is blurry for me (i have windows 2000 XP and am using the windows version, beta 187; if that makes any difference) And the action button, i wasn't suggesting that-simply pressing the A button in front of a guy would be fine (and perhaps some way of having it so link does not swing his sword when doing so)

Kratheous
05-22-2003, 05:19 PM
Speaking of my mockups... I tried to make them from a programmer's point of view, but I only know PHP, so how plausable they actually are, is not something I would know.

DN, would it be difficult to implement them like I... showed?