PDA

View Full Version : About Hard-Coded Graphics...

redmage777
05-21-2003, 12:21 PM
Dispite all the new improvements in ZQuest there remain a few LITTLE annoyances. I hoping the answer to this question will fix them.

1.) Guy- There is a limited choice of them and they have specific positions on the Tileset and us specific CSETs. When you use the New Enemy list does it check there for the Moblin, Gorya, and Fairy or the Orgenal position?

2.) CSet Restrictions- Can one of the Experts please make a list of all components that have Hard coded Csets and what they are such as:

Hearts = Cset 8
Bombs = Cset 11
Ambi= Cset 8

I'm suprised this is not in the read me, but then again I woulden't be suprised if they are more customiseable in an up comming version of ZQuest.

Verbatim
05-21-2003, 05:27 PM
1. I don't believe the "Guys" have new positions...just keep on using the old ones.

On top of that...most of us have stopped using real "guys"...just make one of the so-called "guys" blank (all x's), and put a tile with your guy on it on layer 1 or 2. If you want him right in the center, use two tiles, and draw him on the right side of one and the left side of the other. Make sure the background is clear, so the floor shows underneath him. He won't disappear like an official "guy" does, but for people you don't want to disappear, it works great. There'll still be enough official "guy" slots available for all the charachters you could ever want to diappear magically.

2. As far as bombs and enemy-dropped hearts, look for them in Quest->Graphics->Sprites->Items and Quest->Graphics->Sprites->Weapons/Misc. You can find most everything there...just make sure you don't go into Sprites->Link, since it doesn't do anything yet, and is pretty buggy, too.

Like all weapons, bombs have two entries--one for what they look like in the subscreen, under Sprites->Items, and one under Quest->Graphics->Sprites->Weapons/Misc, which is what they look like when you attack somebody with them.

As far as classic enemies go, it's easy...just go to http://zeldaclassic.armageddongames.net/enemies/index.shtml. I don't have a list of the new enemies' Csets handy though.

For "Ambi" (I assume you mean Abei) and the guys...I have no idea...in fact, it's one of the few things about ZC I've never known...maybe somebody else does?

redmage777
05-22-2003, 01:27 PM
Actually I ment the Hearts and Bombs used on the status screen. I've found no option to change them. I tought they used the Constant Sprite CSets but they alway look messed up in my quests.

The Hearts are whats bothering me mainly. (I think they should consider making them work like the Magic meter does.)

plith
05-22-2003, 04:15 PM
As far as I know, the hearts use either CSet 0 or CSet 1. Can't remember which. Same for the bombs and rupees icons.