PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Classic 1.92 Alpha 187

Dark Nation
05-21-2003, 01:08 AM
Posted to the ZCN Alpha forums...

Zelda Classic 1.92 Alpha 187 (http://www.zcnetwork.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=476)

Basically, this is Alpha 186 with a few bugfixes.

idontknow
05-21-2003, 03:49 PM
A few bugs already noticed:
1. There is no "Link Full Tile Mod" quest rule
2. The Link sprite editor--only the pound sprites show up, unless you hold a direction key, in which case the other sprites will appear blurred
3. I tried the Test quest that comes with the support files or whatever & the NPCs you can walk right over-how can this be fixed? (or can it not be fixed)

A few Questions:
1. Can you explain how to use the link tile mods again?
2. Did you implement the use of the other variables in the layer data menu (such as X size, X speed, etc.)?
3. Which tiles are used for the NPCs? and how do they behave?
4. Do NPCs die when you get the kill all enemies item?; do they count as enemies needed to die in order to activate the enemies->secrets and enemies->item screen flags?
5. are invis. enemies fixed so that they are no longer 'cloaked' but completely invisible?

Blonde799
05-21-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by idontknow
A few bugs already noticed:
1. There is no "Link Full Tile Mod" quest rule
2. The Link sprite editor--only the pound sprites show up, unless you hold a direction key, in which case the other sprites will appear blurred
3. I tried the Test quest that comes with the support files or whatever & the NPCs you can walk right over-how can this be fixed? (or can it not be fixed)

A few Questions:
1. Can you explain how to use the link tile mods again?
2. Did you implement the use of the other variables in the layer data menu (such as X size, X speed, etc.)?
3. Which tiles are used for the NPCs? and how do they behave?
4. Do NPCs die when you get the kill all enemies item?; do they count as enemies needed to die in order to activate the enemies->secrets and enemies->item screen flags?
5. are invis. enemies fixed so that they are no longer 'cloaked' but completely invisible?
2a.Huh? I don't get it. All of them show up for me.
3a.I think that's what was intended for now. Maybe DN didn't want them to damage the player at all?

2.Again, I think DN would've noted it if he changed it.
3.It's not hard to use them. In the sprites/misc. menu, there's a starting tile for the NPCs. There are also 6 standing and walking NPC enemies in the appropriate menu.
4.Yes, they die when you get it. In the last alpha, they counted towards secret activation. They do in the current one as well.
5.Actually I don't think they're invisible when that SF is checked.

idontknow
05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
i think tile mods-do work; oddly enough, i opened up a previously-existing quest (that i saved as a version 182 quest) and saved it as a different name under beta 187, and the Link mod variables for the magic & mirror shields work -12 & -6, respectively--meaning that when getting either of these shields, the walking tiles for link change to 12 or 6 tiles to the left. i think i understand how it works but i'm not sure how to make it so that if you have two different items and when you collect both of them (in any order) link's tiles will change to a total amount so that he appears to be changed by each item-in other words, how do you make it so that multiple items correctly modify link? as far as the NPCs, i understand that it was intended for link to not get damaged by them, but they should at least be unwalkable so link can't run right over them! also, do NPC's appear on layers? (so you could have like a flying bird or something)

Blonde799
05-21-2003, 07:39 PM
I think for item combinations, you'll have to use a whole new set.

I found how it works now. Basically, when you type a number, it moves link's initial animation starting spot(the right moving tiles) forward by that many tiles(DN already explained it, but I think my explanation is slightly better). It's recommended that you use a high number like 40 to move into an entirely different set of link tiles though. The way it looks now though, I'd like DN to allow much more control over changing what tiles the items affect. Currently, you can't make complex transformations, as the tile mod doesn't affect walking north, slashing, and other tiles.

texasdex
07-04-2003, 11:14 PM
I don't seem to be able to get the beta. My ZCN screen name doesn't have the right privileges to download it. I PMd cronic but I thought I'd post it here as well.

KJAZZ
07-07-2003, 01:40 AM
You might want to try Kratheous on AIM.

His SN is "Kratheous ZCN"...

Kratheous
07-09-2003, 06:08 PM
Hmmm... What happens?

*b*
08-25-2003, 01:13 AM
Hmm... as my first post as a tester, I have a problem. Apparently I still need to be made something at ZCN because I can't download the beta :(. It says I need admin privlages or something like that. Btw, my sn there is link3505 (just registered)

Cronic
08-25-2003, 01:16 AM
nope... Alpha testing has disbanded so that's really the last to worry about. Gonna have to wait for the next Beta.

http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75024

however if someone ( Raichu :p ) could post the files for you to work on that would be great.

*b*
08-25-2003, 01:29 AM
ah, ok. maybe I'll PM him tomorrow, or im him

DarkFlameWolf
12-21-2003, 05:09 PM
hmmm, so you have to know someone who has it to get the alpha yes? *calls on Nick*

Cloral
01-14-2004, 09:51 PM
I hate to be a bother, but I need a copy of alpha 187 so I can use the map export feature. Getting work back in from some of the workers on my GQ and I can't recombine the data otherwise.

*b*
01-14-2004, 10:05 PM
I'd provide you with a link if Filespace was working, but since it isn't, try asking Raichu, or DFW. they should have it. or IM me, and I can send it to you that way

Raichu86
01-19-2004, 11:57 AM
Since there's a couple of people in need of Alpha 187, I've put up the files. I don't have the DOS version, so if somebody needs that, somebody else will have to get it to me...

Here's the file listing:

http://wildbill.purezc.com/ZC/192Alpha187/

This directory (ZC/) is protected!
Username: zctesters
Password: jd^3aBl9

JayeM
01-26-2004, 02:18 AM
I could use the DOS version...anyone got it?

DarkFlameWolf
01-26-2004, 10:23 AM
I know this is off topic but: JAYE! *pounce huggles*

On topic: I guess I need the latest alpha too.

Cloral
01-26-2004, 03:14 PM
Muchas gracias! Now I can reassemble my group quest.

edit:
Nope. Can't import a 187 map into 183. Gives an 'invalid version' error.

C-Dawg
02-05-2004, 12:07 AM
I am unable to access the download link for 187.

-C

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it.