PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

Samson007
05-20-2003, 08:55 PM
Does anybody here follow this show? I know were not all american, but im asking anyway.

The final performance from clay was awsome.

So who do you think is going to win?

Poll is open untill tommorow because the result show is tommorow.

Jigglysaint
05-20-2003, 10:52 PM
Saddam and Osama, they would make great American Idols!

Tygore
05-20-2003, 10:57 PM
Don't you mean Idiots?

Tsukuru
05-21-2003, 12:05 AM
I hate this show very much. It's a waste of Fox airtime. They've been stretching the whole season out, going slow, so its been around for months. I'm glad it will finally be over, but I know Fox will continue to do this show because they make insane piles of cash off of it.

Beldaran
05-21-2003, 12:21 AM
I've watched all the episodes because I'm a dork. But it's rad. I can't decide who I want to win. I like them both.:)

Master Ghaleon
05-21-2003, 12:50 AM
I dont watch that show. I watch sports, Spongebob and the Gameshow channel. Thats bout it

Ibis, God of Magicks
05-21-2003, 07:37 AM
I don't watch that crap, I have a life.

Monica
05-21-2003, 10:31 AM
Clay Aiken all the way! :) I have a life but I'm not out of the house at 7:00 at night, plus I love to sing so I watch it. :) Ruben sounds more Soul to me and I don't like his voice. Clay's had the best voice all along and I've been rooting for him ever since he came on Wild Card. :)

Ich
05-21-2003, 12:17 PM
I think this is just worsening the celebrity glut we have. Every year, we create thousands of new celebrities, and we don't get rid of the old ones. However, I've though of a step towards solving it:

The Backstreet Boys need to perform a gig at a gulag in Siberia. For the rest of their natural lives.

Once we run out of Backstreet Boys, we can deport some more pop stars.

Monica
05-21-2003, 09:56 PM
Well, the votes are in and Ruben won... And by only a little over 1,000 votes too! I'm rather dissappointed but I bet Clay will be able to do his own thing now. :)

Jigglysaint
05-21-2003, 10:55 PM
You forgot that the dark power that they hold can keep them alive for a very long time. I suggest throwing holy water on them, then blessing them back to the plane of hades they came from.

HarryPotter007
05-21-2003, 11:21 PM
I heard of American Idol but I don't watch the show. I just sit on my ass and spend time going around the internet and stuff.

Tsukuru
05-21-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by HarryPotter007
I heard of American Idol but I don't watch the show. I just sit on my ass and spend time going around the internet and stuff.

I find myself doing that many times too. Perhaps its even worse than watching American Idol? To clarify things I just strongly dislike the show, I have nothing against those who watch it or are on it. Although I agree ICHBIN, a Backstreet Boys gulag would be useful for us in America and those in Siberia.

moocow
05-22-2003, 01:13 AM
I loved this show. I didn't watch it much, but my mom kept me updated. I wanted Ruben to win SO bad... and guess who won?!

:D

/me parties

Beldaran
05-22-2003, 04:37 AM
I kinda wanted Clay to win, but Ruben's the bomb, so it's all good.:)

Samson007
05-22-2003, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Ibis, God of Magicks

Oh yeah you have a life, *cough*agn*cough cough*

Clay got robbed, he is a much better singer than Ruben is, but I guess this show is a popularity contest rather than a singing contest. Just because Clay is a little gay he lost those extra 1300 votes that would have wono it for him.

plith
05-22-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Ibis, God of Magicks

Hell, I don't have a life and I still don't watch that crap.

Ian
05-22-2003, 04:10 PM
Nah, I don't bother to watch it. I never liked the make-your-own-celebrity shows, nobody with real talent wins.

Samson007
05-22-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by moocow
I loved this show. I didn't watch it much, but my mom kept me updated. I wanted Ruben to win SO bad... and guess who won?!

:D

/me parties

See, thats my point, Ruben is just cool, he cant sing half as good as Clay can. Thats why I might not even watch next year, Kimberly Caldwell only lasted cause she's hot, same with Carmen, they both suck but made if pretty far.