PDA

View Full Version : T.M.N.T arcade machine!!!

MEGA MAN X
05-20-2003, 08:29 PM
:D Have you ever played this game, it is one of t best of all time! anyone own one, and if so how much did you buy it for and what is its condition? :mega:

Masamune
05-20-2003, 08:49 PM
i bought one at a yard sale for 70 bucks. i can't use it when we run the dish washer or our overly powerful vaccum cleaner or it blows a fuse, so i don't paly with it much except when my friends are over. yes, the wiring in my house sucks ass. -_-'

AlexMax
05-20-2003, 09:18 PM
...how the hell did you get ahold of a TMNT cabinet? I would kill for one of those.

MottZilla
05-21-2003, 12:28 AM
AlexMax, it's not as hard as you think. It just requires some searching and a good bit of money. Obviously, the closer the cabinet is, the cheaper it will cost you.

I would recommend building your own cabinet instead.

And a bit of warning, TMNT is a bitch to wire compared to other JAMMA games.

fatcatfan
05-21-2003, 09:43 AM
Just out of curiosity, I searched for some arcade machines on eBay.... this one is more than I can spend, but it intrigued me:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3223898732&category=13716

Bloodstar64
05-21-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by fatcatfan
Just out of curiosity, I searched for some arcade machines on eBay.... this one is more than I can spend, but it intrigued me:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3223898732&category=13 716

Sheese. That's alot of money. It be eaiser just to get a Hot Rod and play it via a rom.

Masamune
05-21-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by AlexMax
...how the hell did you get ahold of a TMNT cabinet? I would kill for one of those.

a couple of years ago i had a neighbor that was a big game freak. he hooked me up with a lot of nice videogame things like my very nice plastic mario and yoshi wall thing. he moved a couple of years ago and had a garage sale before the move to save money on moving trucks. i used my 3 month old x-mas money to buy an air hockey table for 35$ and the TMNT machine for about 70$. he also gave me a bunch of old cap guns and card shuffler. o.O

fatcatfan
05-21-2003, 05:49 PM
Several years ago, before I got married, I had an opportunity to purchase an original, working Galaga machine for about $200. If only I'd had the money and a place to keep it...

MottZilla
05-22-2003, 02:28 PM
FCF, if you look around, you can probably find a cheaper Galaga cabinet, and if not, you could build your own easily without paying 2K! :O

Really it's just a matter of finding the PCB, then building or finding a cabinet to put it into.

fatcatfan
05-22-2003, 03:12 PM
When I have the time and resources, I may do that. It would be fun, as that's a sort of thing I've never tried before. I certainly won't be buying a 2.5K one any time soon. Not to mention that my wife will pitch a fit when I try to bring it into the house. I may opt for a cocktail table type instead of a cabinet anyway.

MottZilla
05-22-2003, 06:29 PM
Well, if space is a concern, you could save the most space by building or buying a "Super Gun" aka Jamma Rig.

http://www.massystems.com sells them for about 300$s.

So, if you don't mind no cabinet or table, this would be like having a sort of console with really big carts. =)

I might make a solution similar to that, for my own pcbs, because I don't have the room to put a cabinet anywhere. :O

fatcatfan
05-23-2003, 01:12 AM
No, I definitely want the feel of an original set, so an upright or a cocktail table is pretty much a must.

MottZilla
05-23-2003, 01:24 PM
Well, aquiring a cocktail table shouldn't be too hard if you look around, and ofcourse, you can always build your own.

Just remember to keep your eyes open cause it's ussually someone trying to unload these things and they go fast for really cheap (like how masa got a TMNT machine).

Later on though, much later.. I will have to get a very nice Upright cabinet, for all the fighters I like afterall.

MEGA MAN X
05-26-2003, 08:06 PM
I NOW OWN A TMNT ONE!