PDA

View Full Version : YuGiOh (Yeah, I know...)

sagelink
05-20-2003, 07:56 PM
Ok, I originally thought YuGiOh (the card game, not the show) was pretty dumb unitll one of my friends introduced me to
YuGiOh WorldWide Edition for the GBA. After I started playing that, man I was hooked! Is there anything that can get this little monster outta my hands? AARRGGHHH! (continues playing)

Kirby of Doom
05-20-2003, 08:14 PM
So you're stuck on yugioh, eh? You'll get over it. Yugioh's ok, but not something to get obssessed with. Try Golden Sun.

sagelink
05-20-2003, 08:16 PM
Have both. I've beaten both. They're great games.

Ian
05-21-2003, 06:22 PM
You could try lending it to one of your friends and tell them never to give it back no matter how much you ask, or sell it. That or get MMBN 1 or 2

sagelink
05-21-2003, 07:26 PM
That's an idea.... actually I'm getting Enter The Matrix for PS2 on my b-day (June 2) so I'll be playing that instead.

Warlock
05-22-2003, 03:55 PM
Heh, I tried reading the rules to that game and I still don't understand half the shit in it ;) I mean, I get the basics of the game, but there is so much complex crap in there ;) My little brother has a bunch of those cards even though he doesn't know how to play the game :D haha

sagelink
05-22-2003, 05:10 PM
Ha! Now that's funny. Well anyways it's outta my hands now, thanks to
Splinter Cell

Axel
05-23-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by sagelink
That's an idea.... actually I'm getting Enter The Matrix for PS2 on my b-day (June 2) so I'll be playing that instead.
heh, my birthday's exactly 1 month after yours.

Yu-Gi-oh is just a lousy rip off of Magic: The Gathering. it'll die out soon enough, leaving only Magic to reign supreme.
speekin' of which, have we got any Magic players here?

sagelink
05-23-2003, 10:58 AM
I used to... I sold all my cards except for my fire deck.

ka7an4
05-23-2003, 04:30 PM
Same here, it's just too much cash to invest into making great decks to compete with good players.

Bloodstar64
05-23-2003, 04:45 PM
I used to play magic but it died where I live. Pokemon killed it and then DBZ killed Pokemon. Now Yugioh is gonna kill/has killed DBZ.

Skulkraken
05-23-2003, 06:21 PM
I play Magic. It's pretty popular around where I live. Most of the other games, with the exception of Yu-Gi-Oh, are never seen anymore.

Only problem is, most of the people I go up against have had upwards of 5 years of experience playing, so that makes it harder to compete in.

Kirbypuff
05-26-2003, 04:20 PM
I played the game, it is actually pretty good.

On the topic of cards, my cousin who is about 6 or so, has about ten pokemon cards. He brought them to some family party, and he wanted to play with me. I said sure, why not. We went upstairs, and started playing it. His parents had told him how to play, but they taught him how to play some way that would improve his math skills (the rules were nothing like the regular game).

He had a golem, which was the best card, playing by his rules. He got to use it every time and beat me (it was impossible to beat). I managed to get it once, and he then managed to cheat. A lot. After he "Won" he did his little hyper dance and crashed into a chair. He had to get stitches...

illicit
05-26-2003, 09:32 PM
i heard yugioh was a stupid game.. i've heard that it's like a reproduction of pokemon or something similar to it.

Link 101
05-27-2003, 05:01 PM
I have never played Magic. I play Yu-Gi-Oh!, but not that much. Does anyone know where you can sell cards like Pokemon?

stormwatcheagle
05-31-2003, 09:10 AM
I would post my thoery on how Pokemon, Yu Gi Oh! and Magic compliment each other, but you wouldn't care.

Jawa Podracer
05-31-2003, 05:05 PM
Actually, I would care.

Anyway, Yu-Gi-Oh is popular here. Where I used to live, Pokemon was really popular. I like Magic, and sometimes play it with m,y brother, but we're like the only people who play it.

Pink_Demon
06-08-2003, 10:07 PM
I play magic rather frequently, and there is a game store just down the street that holds local tournaments for Yu-Gi-Oh! and Magic, so it is easy to find someone to play with.. i don't spend alot of money on it though, people get frustrated when I beat their 30$+ deck with all commons.. :laughing: