PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Cave vs Dungeon Help.

ShadowTiger
05-20-2003, 07:29 AM
Whoah. I'm experimenting with the cave type Dmap vs the Dung type Dmap. Remember my Boss key in the water thread? This is a bit of an extrapolation of that.

I need to know the differences between the cave Dmaps and the Dungeon Dmaps. I mean, besides the way Link goes into the room in a Dungeon, (takes 3 steps past the door, etc.) and the fact that caves don't have real doors.)

Thanks.

Questwizard88
05-20-2003, 12:20 PM
Caves are pretty much the same as an overworld, just half the size, and their maps work like dungeon maps, and not an ovwerworld map, as far as i know.

ShadowTiger
05-20-2003, 02:11 PM
Right. Thanks. Anything else? I need to know. Thanks though. I may need to use the cave's 7x7 ability in combination with the lack of a room-entrance-special-movement-thing, which so desperately needs a new name, to use the Boss-key-in-the-puddle-thing.

Petoe
05-20-2003, 03:22 PM
Well one thing that comes to my mind is that secrets STAY triggered when using a cave DMap, and they reset when using Dngn DMap.

If I remember something I forgot to say, I'll tell you more. I used to use Dngn DMaps only for rooms with locked doors because I want to make freeform levels. Now the Dngn DMap is useless IMO.

idontknow
05-20-2003, 03:26 PM
1. what does IMO mean?
2. also, shutters do not work
3. there is no, invisible overhead border
4. combos cycle imediately after entering the screen
5. i think that the overworld subscreen appears in cave dmaps as well

Petoe
05-20-2003, 05:21 PM
1. IMO = In My Opinion
2. - 4. That's right
5. Nope. Overworld subscreen doesn't appear in cave dmaps.