PDA

View Full Version : Oracle of Ages Pirate Ship v1.1

J.J. Maxx
05-19-2003, 11:05 AM
Here's the boat. Made in the Pure Palette complete with transparency layers for the mast and the keel and the stern rail. It also comes with rail plugs for the port and starboard entrances. I've added the stern(rear) of the boat with a captains quarters for an added room. (Or I'm sure some of you will put a 32 room dungeon in there.)

Anywho, also icluded is a wooden skull variant and a simple step-bridge for getting on to the boat.

Future items I will be including in the next version are:

Multiple flags. (ie. Pirate, Sword, Triforce)
Non-skull keel.
Cracked wood and bombed hole in deck.
Display case for items.

Screenshot*:

http://www.jadevalley.com/images/zelda026.gif

*not all tiles shown.

And here's the .bmp file. (http://www.jadevalley.com/images/zcboat.bmp)

Feel free to alter it to meet your quest desires. :thumbsup:

Feedback would be appreciated. :grad:

Raichu86
05-19-2003, 12:16 PM
Wow. Awesome job, JJ. :)

Off topic note: That preview image is quite dithered, right? I really like the look it gives to the grass and water. Very nice.

J.J. Maxx
05-19-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Raichu86
Off topic note: That preview image is quite dithered, right? I really like the look it gives to the grass and water. Very nice.

Well, I didn't want people to rip the boat off the screenshot so I ran it through a random noise generator. But It's kinda pointless now. :shrug:

Questwizard88
05-19-2003, 01:08 PM
i agree. it does look better that way.

ShadowTiger
05-19-2003, 03:00 PM
Yeah. Perhaps one of these days someone will come up with a pixel formula that will let us generate really cool grass or sea tiles like the ones in that top 'pic. I remember that the Demo Quest of ZC has some pretty cool water like that. It was animated too. ;)

J.J. Maxx
05-19-2003, 04:20 PM
Well, it's just speckled. Various shades of the color are speckled all over the area. It would be impossible to do until DN impliments 256 color palettes. :thumbsup:

So anyways, enough talk about the screenshot, let's talk about the boat. ;)

*b*
05-19-2003, 04:26 PM
I have one rant, the rail on the right side blocking what would be the place where the stiars would be, needs to be like the the lower rails, with the darker dots along it

Knil
05-19-2003, 05:08 PM
does anyone know where i could get a small fishing boat like in Mario 3 on the old nes?

VEL
05-19-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Knil
does anyone know where i could get a small fishing boat like in Mario 3 on the old nes?

I have the mario 3 boat (from mario all stars) in my Mario tileset. http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70186

Questwizard88
05-19-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by J.J. Maxx
Well, it's just speckled. Various shades of the color are speckled all over the area. It would be impossible to do until DN impliments 256 color palettes. :thumbsup:

So anyways, enough talk about the screenshot, let's talk about the boat. ;)

Actually, you can just draw your tiles that way. it might take a considerably larger amount of work, but iot would be worth it. the palette wouldn't be as flexible though, but it would still be flex9ble enough to make a good tileset.

J.J. Maxx
05-19-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by *b*
I have one rant, the rail on the right side blocking what would be the place where the stiars would be, needs to be like the the lower rails, with the darker dots along it

Well I took some artistic liberties. If you wish to change it it would take all of 30 seconds. :D

*b*
05-19-2003, 11:26 PM
oh crap, i don't know if i have the time! lol actually, I'm making my own version, but I just thought i'd suggest it. nice work, btw

plith
05-20-2003, 06:39 AM
I'm resisting the urge to import it into Descendant, seeing as how I have no use for it at the moment.

J.J. Maxx
05-20-2003, 09:17 AM
Does Descendant use its own palettes?

plith
05-20-2003, 04:45 PM
Yes it does. No one seems to mind, as very few people use the tileset.

redmage777
05-21-2003, 12:10 PM
The Differance Between Decendand and Pure's palettes is a very small one, The conversion (If needed) should be as simple as using the red wand to swich a few colors. The only problem I remember was with the desert mountain tiles which used an extra shade of brown.

Freedom
05-21-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by plith

The quest I'm working on now started with the desendant tileset.
(Quest for Freedom II)
Should be done later on this year.

I added a lot of other tiles to it for my quest and have had very few color problems, just some minor changes.

Plith, your tiles rock!

KJAZZ
05-25-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by plith

*raises hand*

I use it! ;p

plith
05-25-2003, 08:22 PM
Yes, but you're never around. :tongue: