PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in level 7 of Hidden Duality

mjctraider
05-18-2003, 08:53 PM
Once again I am stuck and need only one key to get to the boss. I have everything else from level 7, but need to get to two room on level 2/2. They are the rooms at the very top of the map directly in the middle of two rooms on the left and two rooms on the right. I've gone in circles till I'm dizzy. I was wondering which entrance to level 7 do I need to enter to get to those two rooms?

Edit

Well I was able to find the key and got the 7th triforce, but still didn't get into those two rooms. It probably don't matter now seeing how I have the 7th triforce.

DarkFlameWolf
05-19-2003, 11:45 AM
Those two rooms, most likely involve the 50 rupee chest for that dungeon.

TheGeepster
05-20-2003, 03:52 AM
If you managed to get to and beat the boss on the lower floor, then you have everything you need from level 7.

Ielen
05-24-2003, 12:17 PM
Where is Lvl 7 located? I know it's in the Light World but I can't seem to find any path to it.

DFW, there's some problem with some of the hookshot mushrooms in the Dark World. They were placed in odd position and I hookshot across and got stuck in the water.
This is one screenshot I took.

http://home.pacific.net.sg/~stolen/HD003.jpg

DarkFlameWolf
05-24-2003, 10:03 PM
hmmm...thanks, I'll have to fix those in the HD version. :)

Ielen
05-24-2003, 11:19 PM
Okay I just found the entrance to Lvl 7. It was extremely well-hidden :)

New Lvl 7 question :
I got one key and used it already. Then it let to another locked door which I can't open. Where can I find the next key?
Seems like there are a few empty treasure chests.
Thanks.

TheGeepster
05-25-2003, 02:16 PM
The two keys needed for the bracelet are:

1) The one at the dead end in the lower right corner (Take the teleport in the lower left to get there.)

2) The key you can reach by bombing a patch in the overworld and dropping down. (There's 3 of these drop down spots total, but only one you can reach at this point without using the ladder trick)

I do have 2 small bugs to report DFW, both involving Lev 7.

The first, probably well known to you at this point is that the drop down which supposedly requires the hammer can be reached without it. Of course this uses the ladder bug which will soon be fixed.

The second is found one room north of the teleport destination from the lower left corner (Screen 4,7 if you have Zquest open). In this room, supposedly, you have to have the bracelet to access the other pathway, but you can activate the secret and position yourself such that you end up on the other path. I don't think it's caused many problems, but looking at the map, it may be possible to get the hammer before the bracelet, and maybe even to get stuck because you need the bracelet to get the key you need in order to get the bracelet.

Ielen
05-25-2003, 02:22 PM
Hey Geepster, thanks for the hint. I was going through the same areas without much luck before I posted this problem.
I found the overworld patch :)

Btw, there is a problem/bug with the Mirror House. In the room where you encounter the fire wizzrobes & red wizzrobes, if you move left, you encounter some weird bug room.
In addition, sometimes if you hookshot in some areas in Lvl 7, you will get stuck & then have to restart again. It's the same type of problem in the screenshot I posted above.

TheGeepster
05-27-2003, 03:54 AM
The hookshot issue is especially a problem on the second room on the second floor if I recall right. That room was a pain in Xtreme, due mostly to the Batrobes..

DarkFlameWolf
05-27-2003, 12:47 PM
I'll let DN fix the ladder bug so I won't mess with #1.
But with #2, please show me a screenshot Geepster, I have no clue which room you are talking about. And I'll go through level 7 to see what is the deal with the hookshot thingies. Furthermore, I won't change the final hookshot puzzle on floor 1 of level 7, it should be obvious to the player which hookshot targets will get you stuck adn which won't, if you get stuck, well.....I'm just not gonna say anything! :lol:

TheGeepster
05-27-2003, 07:28 PM
Here's the bug documentation with screenshots, DFW. (http://geepamoogle.tripod.com/Private/Lev7Bug.html)

It's just north of a warp destination.