PDA

View Full Version : What God Will And Won't Ask

carrot red
05-17-2003, 10:10 PM
1. God won't ask what kind of car you drove, but will ask how
many people you drove who didn't have transportation.

2. God won't ask the square footage of your house, but will ask
how many people you welcomed into your home.

3. God won't ask about the fancy clothes you had in your closet,
but will ask how many of those clothes helped the needy.

4. God won't ask about your social status, but will ask what
kind of class you displayed.

5. God won't ask how many material possessions you had, but will
ask if they dictated your life.

6. God won't ask what your highest salary was, but will ask if
you compromised your character to obtain that salary.

7. God won't ask how much overtime you worked, but will ask if
you worked overtime for your family and loved ones.

8. God won't ask how many promotions you received, but will ask
how you promoted others.

9. God won't ask what your job title was, but will ask if you
performed your job to the best of your ability.

10. God won't ask what you did to help yourself, but will ask
what you did to help others.

11. God won't ask how many friends you had, but will ask how
many people to whom you were a true friend.

12. God won't ask what you did to protect your rights, but will
ask what you did to protect the rights of others.

13. God won't ask in what neighborhood you lived, but will ask
how you treated your neighbors.

14. God won't ask about the color of your skin, but will ask
about the content of your character.

15. God won't ask how many times your deeds matched your words, but will ask how many times they didn't.

Just a little something to reflect on.

TheGeepster
05-17-2003, 10:42 PM
Almost as well-put as James, brother of Jesus. Quite a touching post.

Jigglysaint
05-17-2003, 10:46 PM
Not to take from the validity of the post, but you found that in an e-mail, didn't you?

Beldaran
05-17-2003, 10:48 PM
I'm not answering any of God's fucking questions until he answers mine.:)

System Error
05-17-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Jigglysaint
Not to take from the validity of the post, but you found that in an e-mail, didn't you?

God won't ask if you spread his religious ways, but he will ask if you ripped the spreading method off of someone else.

TheGeepster
05-17-2003, 10:57 PM
I sense some hostility in here. I don't care if carrot red got it from an e-mail, I appreciated the sentiment behind it.

The basic idea is how much you do for other people, and not what you have, or what you have done for yourself.. Is that idea so terrible? And I've never seen carrot red get into anybody's face about their religion or lack thereof. Most of her posts are fairly though-provoking..

carrot red
05-17-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Jigglysaint
Of course I didn't write that! I'm not that learned.
No, it's not from an e-mail. I forgot where I found it. See, I have a thing about quotes and such, so whenever I find something, I stuff it in this file and forget about it.
And from time to time, I open it, find a thing appropriate and I use it. Quite simple.

Do you need a bar of soap, Beldaran?

System Error
05-17-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by TheGeepster
I sense some hostility in here. I don't care if carrot red got it from an e-mail, I appreciated the sentiment behind it.

I did appreciate it too. My comment was just a random thought on my mind (I don't know HOW these thoughts pop into it). I am in no way against God, Christianity or carrot red. I am, however against chain e-mail (but I wouldn't care as long as it doesn't suck).

slothman
05-17-2003, 11:04 PM
You have one of those "quote" files too. I have a whole bunch of quotes I got from various site also.
"God won't ask what your highest salary was, but will ask if you compromised your character to obtain that salary."
What if you don't have any qualms (isn't that a type of tree) about killing anybody for a promotion and don't care if others do the same?

carrot red
05-17-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by System Error

I did appreciate it too. My comment was just a random thought on my mind (I don't know HOW these thoughts pop into it). I am in no way against God, Christianity or carrot red. :) I am, however against chain e-mail (but I wouldn't care as long as it doesn't suck).
I, however, System Error, don't *appreciate* your sense of humor, not here nor in Forum Games. I find it in bad taste and uncalled for.

Drunken Tiger
05-18-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Beldaran
I'm not answering any of God's fucking questions until he answers mine.:)

heh, what exactly have you asked him anyways??

Gerudo
05-18-2003, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by carrot red

I, however, System Error, don't *appreciate* your sense of humor, not here nor in Forum Games. I find it in bad taste and uncalled for. CR, you do realize SE's comments were directed at Jiggly?

as far as the post goes, im not a beleiver in God, but it is quite touching... (although, i AM a beleiver in Kindess ;))

carrot red
05-18-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Gerudo
CR, you do realize SE's comments were directed at Jiggly?

Bah, Gerudo, in one of the versions he edited (you know I tend to loose track and count when people use the edit button too much), he DID admit to having been *sarcastic* towards me (the truth is, he said “the latter” after my name and I had to assume that he was talking about ME). But it wasn’t for me that I posted this reply (I believe in kindness too). Geez, I’m not that touchy…
Back to the topic at hand, glad you found a new avatar.:)

Slothman, my quote file is so extensive and disorganized that even I cannot find my way through it. I’ll work on it one day.
Qualm means scruple and isn’t a tree to the best of my knowledge. (But what do I know?)

Gerudo
05-18-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by carrot red

Bah, Gerudo, in one of the versions he edited (you know I tend to loose track and count when people use the edit button too much), he DID admit to having been *sarcastic* towards me (the truth is, he said “the latter” after my name and I had to assume that he was talking about ME). But it wasn’t for me that I posted this reply (I believe in kindness too). Geez, I’m not that touchy…
Back to the topic at hand, glad you found a new avatar.:) sorry if it seems i was being rude, i did not mean to be... i was unaware that SE had editted his/her post...(i dont know your damn gender)

yes i did find a new av... just one of the randomly circulating ones i bounce to and from :)

Glenn the Great
05-18-2003, 09:48 AM
If God were to ask me those questions, I don't think He'd be too happy with the answers. I guess I'm hopeless that way.....

Gerudo
05-18-2003, 09:51 AM
well id consider those acts of kindness (as i stated earlier), not something a God was ask of me... although they are almost one in the same.. :p

carrot red
05-18-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Gerudo
sorry if it seems i was being rude, i did not mean to be... i was unaware that SE had editted his/her post...(i dont know your damn gender)

yes i did find a new av... just one of the randomly circulating ones i bounce to and from :)
No problem, Gerudo.:) Like I said I'm not touchy and never even considered answering that post (I skipped it the first time) but something else prompted me to post that.
He's a he, by the way.
I'm usually very carefull about what I write to avoid such misunderstandings. (It doesn't always work).

I'll say that I've gotten used to you changing your av every other day, but the lack of one was unlike you.;)

TheGeepster
05-18-2003, 02:31 PM
The target of these quotes, whereever they come from, are those who claim the piousness and righteousness of Christianity or related religions, but fail to apply the humanitarian principles found throughout Jesus's teachings, as well as those of his apostles.

I have a similar vein of thoughts I'm trying to track down from one if the elderly ladies at our church whom I admire greatly. I'll post it when I can get it, as well as a brief explanation.

EDIT: Oh, and I didn't take any offense at Jiggly's post, although I don't think anyone took it that way.

Jigglysaint
05-18-2003, 03:14 PM
heh, I just though that it was e-mailed since I have gotten a lot of chain crud as well, but if it isn't an e-mail and a quote, that's even better.

TheGeepster
05-18-2003, 03:24 PM
Yup, the chain email thing is usually quite annoying. It's also not wise to trust the content of chain emails in general..