PDA

View Full Version : Intros

Tsukuru
05-17-2003, 04:59 PM
Would someone tell me how to do an intro like in Vel's Insane Mario or direct me to a tutorial on the topic? Thanks.

idontknow
05-17-2003, 05:26 PM
do you mean like dmap intros (the temporary message string that appears when you warp to an new dmap for the first time) or like an introduction scene, like a cutscene that introduces your quest? either way, my tutorial should help you out...check it out...the link to it is in my signature-feel free to sign my guest book to make post any questions or comments there about my tutorial

VEL
05-17-2003, 07:14 PM
I used timed warp tics to make them. I made a bunch of screens and linked them all together with timed warp tics, I had different amounts of time pass for different parts, like there was more time for the screens with messages.

Tsukuru
06-13-2003, 04:50 AM
Sorry about bringing back an old topic, but it's better than spamming the board with a whole new topic.

How did you get it to display the text on each new screen? I set the message string on the new screen, but it doesn't show the text.

Petoe
06-13-2003, 09:01 AM
Well I'm not VEL, but maybe your problem is that you haven't set a guy for the screens. You need a guy, and a message string to make the text appear.

Tsukuru
06-13-2003, 09:31 AM
I have it set up that link starts on the title screen, then after 5 seconds is warped to another screen on a different dmap.

What type should the side warp from the first screen to the second be set to? And on which screen should I have the message string set?

Petoe
06-13-2003, 10:04 AM
It doesn't matter what is the type of the sidewarp. The message string should be set to that screen where you are warped to from the title screen.

Tsukuru
06-13-2003, 03:48 PM
Alright, still doesn't work. Could it be my dmap settings? The second screen uses a dmap with type cave, everything else is default. Thanks for you help.

VEL
06-13-2003, 05:37 PM
I think you need a guy, the level has to have a # other than 0, there also has to be enough time for them to talk, if you have the tics set too low it will warp before they can talk.

yugioh
06-14-2003, 03:38 PM
is there a program that does not have the fire inthe begining? :computer: