Matrix:
[list=1]
You must be hooked up by a large cable.
It was already programmed.
[/list=1]

Your Dreams:
[list=1]
Your brain processes the "world"
You can get a view of yourself without a mirror.
[/list=1]

Both:
[list=1]
You can control the enviroment
You can do amazing thangs (fly, dodge bullets, kick but and go from one place to another instantly)
It is computer* generated
Sometimes injuries show up when you get out. (they dont happen in dreams unless sleep walking.)
You can see thing in a wierd way if you think that way.( like i thought of a cube moon instead of a sphere and it happens)
Certain things trigger termination of the session. (like a phone or seeing a bad thing in dreams)
[/list=1]

A dream is almost the matrix. It is all fake and computer* generated. If you belive in youself, you can do all that to get out of harm. Like if you are in a tunnel with a monster, and it is attacking you, you can kick its but if only you belive you can. Or if you get shot you can stop the bullets. If you dont belive and are in dought, you get get shot and die and either return to the real world in dreams or die in the matrix. You can fly 100 feet in the air really fast.

That would bee cool if you can make our own dreams. Like one would be you enter a room and 200 agents challange you. And they would call me "MR. Zeldaclassci!!!!!". And iw ould kick all their butts and when i wake up, i can tell my mom I was playing games all night :laughing:. Or even make a world where I am rich and have alot of money and own a scyscrapper on my own island with a dedicated fiber-optic(oc-53) connection. But i cant demolish it by thinking, It would be hard coded. It would be an error proff would where i am limited. I would put special phones where I could pick them up and would terminate my dream for that night and it would continue happening evewn when I am not there. I Could also play a game of Oot. Or Another idea would be to develop a system that when i close my eye, I would gon the internet with a sattelite. I would use Red hat linux with severe firewall protection. The fire wall would encode data and it would block any data. It would go to a bouiding that would have another firewall with a anonymizer proxy.

This would be in a new type of programming that would be more flexable than c or c++. I would make it less complicated. C++ is like g* ju=ifjgoj3o#fjog%jrlkj%tl & to beginers. The editor would be WYSIWYG like. and I love WYSIWYG because I am bad at any type of coding. Phew this post is already 2,500 chars long!!

I think it would be the final stop of all comuting, There would be only us and servers. Laptops, cellphones, Pda, desktops, etc would be obsolete if this is possibile. We would live in a world with almost no technology, no visibile phones, just server connecting all of us to a network of people. The matrix might be a reality. (besides the hooking up up in a big building and being their energy. We need food and in oreder to get it, we would get it through the real world. Any ideas?

Oh and I will never com into your chat room. I dont know what to say, cause i keep geting kicked out by breaker.

*= Anything that can process large amounts of data can do it.

Jigglysaint
05-17-2003, 07:44 PM
Ever hear of lucid dreams? I have them often and they rock. I especially like the ones where I try to turn things into other things, but sometimes it doesn't work, even though I know I am trying to. Perhaps one must be in a state of lucidness in order to actually be successful at manipulating dreams.

Dr. Mutagen
05-17-2003, 08:45 PM
I'm going to try an interesting experiment on my dreams throughout the summer. I'll try to see how my dreams differ when I listen to different CDs when I go to bed. I had this really whacked out dream when I went to bed listening to Nine Inch Nails. I was kinda like an intense action sequence, but it was all dissonant and chaotic.

TheGeepster
05-17-2003, 09:37 PM
Were I you, Dr Mutagen, I'd not listen to NIN during bedtime again..

I usually sleep to silence, so...