PDA

View Full Version : disable MP3 repeats

Ganonator
05-16-2003, 08:39 PM
I had a great idea the other day that has since been disabled by the newest alphas.

With the dawn of a184, mp3s didn't repeat. I was able to record some speech, and play it in the game without having to worry about the user sitting listening to it like 100 times. well, with the new alpha, this is not possible. It repeats whether i want it to or not. So, i suggest that we have the option to turn repeat off and on at will..

ok, second thought to go with it...

since I will be using mp3s for speech and not music, is the ability to play a .it or midi in the background still possible? I could simple warp the player through a series of dialog with no change in the background music.

thanks

Tygore
05-17-2003, 01:22 AM
You could always record the speech OVER music. This could be even more convinient because you could have them synchronized better and more easily.

Cloral
05-17-2003, 03:22 AM
...but then the music would stop when the dialogue stopped, which I'm pretty sure isn't what he wants.

Ganonator
05-21-2003, 05:08 PM
my timing would be horribly off too, then i have to have a ton of different songs that must match up in the background. (also, file size is an issue)

maybe in the future...