PDA

View Full Version : Party of tolerance my butt

Beldaran
05-16-2003, 03:31 PM
http://www.indystar.com/print/articles/4/043510-6434-093.html

Axel
05-16-2003, 03:47 PM
somehow I'm sure your going to blame this on Liberals. I'm not sure why, but somehow conservatives have decided to blame anything they find mildly offensive on liberals. if I could only make myself blame conservatives for everything that I find offensive.

AtmaWeapon
05-16-2003, 04:07 PM
Actually, I don't see anything that warrants me blaming it on liberals in the document. I see plenty to blame it on buttholes and morons, but unfortunately for this topic I'm afraid that that's not enough to blame it on liberals this time...

Beldaran
05-16-2003, 05:05 PM
I'm sure that there is absolutely no political bias in that administrator's decision. I'm sure that school administrators are not notorious for being near communist, and I'm sure that he wouldn't have excused her absense if she had been singing for Al Gore.:eyebrow:

carrot red
05-16-2003, 06:07 PM
You seem to know a lot more about the subject than the details that were published, Beldaran. But based on the article alone, I agree with what Atma said.

Beldaran
05-16-2003, 07:29 PM
The ability to think logically outside the confines of written material is known in some circles as "intelligence".

Daarkseid
05-16-2003, 07:49 PM
I think you're just being paranoid, Bel. Our state of Idaho has a 90% attendance policy for schools(imposed by our increasingly conservative state government) and would've very likely have done the same thing in this case as well. I highly doubt there is any political motive behind this action since attendance policies do tend to be very stringent and unreasonable.

Rijuhn
05-16-2003, 11:07 PM
Don't you see? The hidden agenda of the liberal collective mindset. Shh...be quiet, they'll hear us. They are trying to corrupt our minds, and poision our souls. Damn you liberals! Damn you!

TheGeepster
05-17-2003, 10:55 AM
It seems that performing anywhere with the Indianapolos Children's Choir would be grounds for allowing the absense to be excused.

And if that is so, the blame lies squarely on the administrators of the school, whether their reasons are political bigotry, or other reasons. And so liberal politicians are not directly to blame.

However, intuition tells me that there may be some indirect blame, due to the pervasiveness of some in creating an atmosphere which encourages political bigotry against conservatism in general, and against Bush as it's leading figurehead.

Intuition can be wrong, and so I'll not lay that blame down, nor will I now level that charge based on the limited information in the article. There is no evidence that the talking heads of the liberal sway had any direct input at all into this decision, and I believe it was squarely the decision of the school administration.