PDA

View Full Version : stuck in own quest...

Knil
05-15-2003, 04:48 PM
whenever i put a pushblock in a room with stairs, assign the tile warp for the stairs, and try to play the quest, when i push the block, the stairs turn to a gray non-undercombo.... and when i have the stairs as the secret combo, they dont show up (i am using the 15 flag for the secret, could that be it?)
i would like any kind of help for this....

Questwizard88
05-15-2003, 05:05 PM
set tyhe undercombo on that screen for whatever is going to be under the block when you push it.

Knil
05-15-2003, 05:09 PM
tried that, and it still goes gray over the stairs, and the warp dont work....have any other ideas? ill try just about anything!!

Questwizard88
05-15-2003, 05:33 PM
id read through alphadawg's zq tutorial. although it doesnt explain newer features, it has a good sized swection on warps, undercombos, and push blocks.

Teilyr
05-15-2003, 06:42 PM
The grey square also makes me think.. Are you using layers in the room with the issue? If so, flag 15 might be on a layer where no secret combos are assigned.

Make sure the flag is on layer 0.

Aegis Runestone
05-15-2003, 07:24 PM
Uh...Isn't Secret Flag 0 flag #SIXTEEN? Not 15?

Freedom
05-15-2003, 08:36 PM
you got your flags mixed up, I had the same problem.
remove all the flags and try again until you get the correct combination.

I think it's.....
set pushblock = secret
push flag on the block;
and stairs in the #16 secret combo with flag 16 then being placed where you want the stairs to appear. (like in a corner)

Teilyr
05-15-2003, 08:47 PM
Flag 15 is the stair flag. I wonder if it could be that Knil has the secret combo screen setup wrong.

Knil
05-16-2003, 02:33 PM
i didnt set the stair flag is what it was, and im not using layers (hopefully) for the whole quest. im using the original graph pack

Cloral
05-17-2003, 03:28 AM
You can't put a secret combo on a push-block, since that would require 2 flags on one space. Instead, you're going to have to use the gray stair entrance thingey. It's on the menu at the bottom of the screen, along with the blue and green start squares. Place it on your block, then go to the secret combos screen and put your stairs on the 'stair' secret combo. Now when you push the block, the stairs should appear (P.S. I'm pretty sure this is how the pushable graves are done in the LoZ first quest).

Knil
05-21-2003, 05:05 PM
i have the stairs in a different spot than the push block, and when i move the block, the stairs (visible the whole time till now) turn greay like i didnt set the under combo.

Verbatim
05-21-2003, 05:45 PM
1. Flag 15 is the "Zelda" flag...so you shouldn't be using that to make anything appear...stepping on flag 15 ends the game, taking you to the screen with Link and Zelda holding triforces over their heads....

2. I think your problem is that you put the secret->stairs indicator on top of the stairs. Push page-down until you see the grey box that looks like stairs appear at the bottom of the screen. Click on it. You'll see a yellow square appear on the screen. Click in the upper left corner of the screen, so that the yellow box appears there. Now, save your file. It should work properly.

When would you want to put that yellow box somewhere? When you want to make stairs appear after a secret. In order to do that, first go to Data->Secret Combos. Notice where it says "Stair"? Click on the black square next to that. Select the combo you want to show up for the stairs, and click OK. Now you can go ahead and click on the grey stairs, and put the yellow square where you want them to appear.

Hope that helps!

--Theo