PDA

View Full Version : couple questions

zeldamaniac2733
05-15-2003, 04:19 PM
1) can i copy some of the colors in the quest above 9 into my new quest with the new graphics if so how?

2)For some reason when i load up zelda classic and my quest I start at the begining of level 4 i leave then continue then i'll start in the normal place what have i done wrong

Knil
05-15-2003, 04:57 PM
if im understanding your sentence frags and run ons, question 2 sounds like a warp prob....and your first i cant really understand...could you rephrase your first question a lil better, pls? maybe then i can help.

zeldamaniac2733
05-15-2003, 05:09 PM
ok when you load up the quest editor you can use more colors for the dugeons besides the regular 9. In the new quest version with the new graphics it will only let you have 9 unless you create up some. My 1st question was to see if you can copy some of those duegon colors to my new quest format.

Knil
05-15-2003, 05:13 PM
i htink oim lost on the "new" format. do you mean a new quest? if you do, you shouldnt have to copy anything...or do you mean the pallette? if you just have tiles (what you make combos from) you may have to make your own pallette. You should look at alphadawgs tutorial at the top of this forum. he can help ya more than i

Questwizard88
05-15-2003, 05:15 PM
Yep. I can’t understand the first one at all. here's a guess: if you want to copy colors form one quest to another, make a screen using the palette you want to copy, then take a picture of the screen in ZQuest. Open the quest you want to copy the colors to, and go to the palettes. Press the grab button and load the picture you took. Pick the cset you want to copy from that pic and press enter or the done (ok) button. That should solve number 1.

For number 2, it is a warp problem. If you start at screen 00, then it’s probably that dreaded screen 00 continue bug.

Note to self: Start spellchecking posts before submitting them.

Knil
05-15-2003, 05:19 PM
i had that 00 bug, too. you need a dmap for all your maps, but you can make multiple dmaps for a map, which i just found out about by reading AlphaDawgs tutorial. i bow before you A-Dawg.