PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Rise Demo 4 Release Soon!

Aegis Runestone
05-15-2003, 01:45 PM
This weekend, expect Demo 4 of Warrior's Rise for beta 182(I recommend using the Beta 183 Player, though).

Best Dates to expect the Release:
5/18 Sunday(LATE) or 5/19 Monday(Afternoon EST time GMT -5)

If isn't released on time, you can release wild and rabid monkies on me. :p :D

Screenshots:
http://filespace.brentdax.com/AegisRunestone/WR05.gif
Slashin' and hey, is that the bow in the B Button?? ;)

http://filespace.brentdax.com/AegisRunestone/WR06.gif
Boss Key! Yes I have decided to use it :)

http://filespace.brentdax.com/AegisRunestone/WR07.gif
New Title Screen! Where's Link? :kawaii:

http://filespace.brentdax.com/AegisRunestone/WR08.gif
Preview of the new Mini-Dungeon before Level-4 :)

http://filespace.brentdax.com/AegisRunestone/WR09.gif
*NEW* That Chest tempts me, but I'd rather not deal with the New Enemy tile Gibdos

http://filespace.brentdax.com/AegisRunestone/WR10.gif
*NEW* A friendly Stalfos? ;)

New Additions to WR:
-Boss Music! :blah:
-Fix in the Storyline Cutscenes
-Bug fixes from the Previous Demo 3
-Slash tiles! :)
-New Bow Tile(You only get ONE item and you can fire arrows, NO more stupid find the friggin' arrow in the Lost Woods. ;) Ya just get it in the Master Sword Temple(Level-2))
-Complete Wasteland(Desert)
-New Mini-Dungeon before Level-4, The Wasteland Shrine
-Level-4 Wasteland Palace
-Cool Background history on the Wasteland and the Shrine and the Palace by the Moblin Sage that has been following you since you got(or get) the Master Sword, who will also reveal his name! ;)
-NEW enemy tiles! YES!
-More HCPs to find! :kawaii:
-Bush leaves!

This WILL be the LAST Demo EVER for Warrior's Rise. I especially proud of the work I've done on the Wasteland Shrine(which is almost complete). And I will do a lot of work on the Wasteland Palace, today and Tomorrow and forever until it's done!

Known Bug with the Wasteland Shrine*READ THIS*:
If You die in the shrine, and you select 'continue' you will start in a wrong room and you will be stuck. WHEN you die, select 'quit', it will save your game and you will start back at the entrance of the Shrine.

After this Demo is released, I will begin work on Death Mountain and Level-5. :)
The Full Release of Warrior's Rise will not be released even when the Quest is completely done...WHY? Let's just say I have a surprise for you that will take time to finish. ;)

Cronic
05-15-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Aegis Runestone
Known Bug with the Wasteland Shrine*READ THIS*:
If You die in the shrine, and you select 'continue' you will start in a wrong room and you will be stuck. WHEN you die, select 'quit', it will save your game and you will start back at the entrance of the Shrine.

You can fix this, Aegis... It requires a lot of screens, and insta warps, but it can be fixed. Basically what you need to do is copy the entrance screen over to whatever screens you restart on, and apply insta warps to the starting location... Direct the warps to the real entrance, and voila... it's fixed ;)

Aegis Runestone
05-15-2003, 01:52 PM
The problem is, the screen you restart on is part of the dungeon. I can't overwrite it.

Besides, I have been told that it has been fixed in the private betas, so just use the quit command. :)

Hey! Where's all the comments? :( I don't like make quests if no one's paying attention. :(

ShadowTiger
05-16-2003, 08:13 AM
Oh, we're paying attention. We're all just very, very sleepy, or very, very sick. :sick: I have a cold. I just saw the Episode of Friends where Phoebe used her seckthy cold voice to charm audiences, (and succeeded! :eek: ) so I'm trying something like that. I'm only half-succeeding, but it's better than having to blow your nose all day. ....... Anyway, :rolleyes:

I'm still making my rounds through Demo 3. I found that cool underground temple east of L3. I like the red colors, and the transition from cave tiles to dungeon tiles. Very nice. but how do you get in there? Does the demo stop there?

Can't wait for Demo 4. :thumbsup:

Aegis Runestone
05-16-2003, 11:53 AM
"Aim for the eye with a magical object"(NOT spell, OBJECT).

That's your hint. :) Make sure you have the hammer from Level-3.

And did you find the Secret Treasury in the Castle? No hints for this one. ;)

For those of you who have beaten Demo 3, when you get Demo 4, START FROM THE BEGINNING. IE. Start a new game. I know you'll hate it, but saves from Demo 3 are not very compatible with Demo 4.

Anyways, I would like to hear some comments about the Demo 4 Annoucement.

carrot red
05-16-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Aegis Runestone
The Full Release of Warrior's Rise will not be released even when the Quest is completely done...WHY? Let's just say I have a surprise for you that will take time to finish. ;)
Now you got me really interested, but don't take too long (like some people who talked in January about releasing theirs during the last quarter of the year).:)

Aegis Runestone
05-16-2003, 10:01 PM
It will take as much time as it needs, go play Demo 3 while you wait for Demo 4. :)

*Note: New Screenshots up!*

Demimore
05-19-2003, 03:59 AM
No! That's NOT how you fix it. You MUST set the scroll type (INTO the dungeon) into Entrance/exit, otherwise, it WON'T work if it's a "level" DMap.

Aegis Runestone
05-19-2003, 07:15 AM
It IS an enterance/exit Demi. :p It's that darn continue bug, but I think I found the source, I'm not sure, but if my test works, WR Demo 4 will be continue bug free.

Demimore
05-19-2003, 07:28 AM
Do you use the same thing for the exit?

Hey, this seems great (and I will definately download it), but why don't you finish death mountain and its dungeon BEFORE releasing the demo? I mean, there's not much you have made since demo 3, right? I believe people will like a longer demo better, and if you keep releasing demo after demo, people might just loose respect for your quest.

Think about it.

Aegis Runestone
05-19-2003, 07:45 AM
Because the Dungeon in Death Mountain is Level FIVE, hello! Too many dungeons for a demo, man.

And yes, the exit is the same.

Demimore
05-19-2003, 07:49 AM
No, it's not. In my second demo of TLD, (if I will release one) it'll be 6 dungeons and two finished OWs, maybe more. Five dungeons is NOT too much. It can never be too long! :)

Aegis Runestone
05-19-2003, 08:01 AM
Demimore, maybe 6 dungeons is not too much for you, but for me, it is. I don't release quests larger than 4 main dungeons unless there is more than 9 main dungeons

annnot
05-19-2003, 06:15 PM
Rabid monkeys biting your - - - .

Aegis Runestone
05-19-2003, 08:04 PM
Chill, I've got stupid Boss music bugs, if you want the quest, help me fix it!