PDA

View Full Version : Let's all congratulate Jigglysaint on his 30th post!

Jigglysaint
05-14-2003, 10:09 PM
Now I am a posting maniac....

Wail, don't close this, I can explain!

For the last 2 weeks I've been working with a friend from church, helping him build fences. Just today we finished setting the posts, which are just 4x4 beams that are stuck in the ground and cemented there. I'm not used to back breaking work, so this is kind of a new thing to me, but so far I'm catching on very quickly, and learning from my mistakes, and getting heavy objects smashed on my foot over and over and over....

My current goal is a new computer, which is good since A. A computer is quite cheap, $70, and B. I won't be getting paid much since this is more or less training.

It is, by the way, my first official job so I'm quite happy/tired.

Pathwalker
05-14-2003, 11:02 PM
humm..2 weeks = 30 posts.... hummm.

Enjoy the computer when you get it and don't work toooooo hard. (GRIN)

Pablo
05-15-2003, 12:09 AM
1) My computer, unless something is very wrong, shows you as having upwards of 6000 posts, and your rank is Immortal. Did I miss something?

2) Where are you finding a $70 computer?! I WANT ONE!

EDIT: typos

Matteo
05-15-2003, 12:11 AM
i think he meant 30 fence posts guys

Pablo
05-15-2003, 12:26 AM
Heh, I'm so dumb...

Congrats on the job, Jigglysaint! I hope you get promoted!

Breaker
05-15-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by pablo882
Heh, I'm so dumb...

Congrats on the job, Jigglysaint! I hope you get promoted!

I only wish you could be banned for flaming yourself.

stormwatcheagle
05-15-2003, 04:26 PM
/me reads post and thinks about it for a few minutes...

OH! "posting mainiac", now I get it. I'm so slow. So, you're a carpenter, jiggly?

Ich
05-15-2003, 05:23 PM
I remember making a snowboarding ramp in my yard. We had to sink 12 posts within an inch of their correct location. We have one post now, which Jimmie and Mike title, "Drew's Post" because it really could stand to be about 3 inches over. Ehh, congrats, Jiggly. I only have one question: what kind of computer is this? Is this in Canadian dollars?

Jigglysaint
05-15-2003, 05:36 PM
First of all, not really. I'm just learning some basic things, but most of this is job training and such.

Second, yes it is in canadian dollars, and my brother would buy and assemble the parts together when he has time.

inori
05-15-2003, 07:35 PM
So let's see... 30 posts, two weeks... three posts per day? How many posts go into a typical fence?

Drunken Tiger
05-16-2003, 03:34 AM
Alot more than 30!!! :p

Well you got a long way to go i guess..... Keep on working... and then you can just sit back and marvel at your creation... :D