PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in level 3 of Hidden Duality

mjctraider
05-13-2003, 07:56 PM
I am stuck in level 3. I have the wand and whistle, but I need the bracelet. I have one key and no where to go. I've read through other posts that there are three entrances to level 3, but only found one on level 1 and level 2 where is the third entrance? And where is the bracelet? I think I bombed every wall I could bomb.

Ok found the third entrance by using the wand to hit that hole on the wall, but I need the bracelet to get into that other entrance that is above and to the left of the entrance for the second floor of level 3. Still have no idea where the braclet is though.

Tsukuru
05-13-2003, 08:23 PM
Should be in the north west part of the map, I believe. Been a while :(

mjctraider
05-13-2003, 08:48 PM
So how do you get there. Every room I have left to go to I need the bracelet. Is thee another entrance to get to the room with the bracelet?

synbios1978
05-14-2003, 10:30 AM
From the start, go up one room, left 3 rooms, up 2 rooms, and right 2 rooms.....use the wand, bracelet is in the room to the north.

mjctraider
05-14-2003, 07:20 PM
Thanks I have the bracelet now. I would have never thought to have to use the wand on the hole by the locked door. Thanks again.

synbios1978
05-15-2003, 08:49 AM
No problem mjctrader, if that's the only spot in HD that you get stuck at, feel really good about your Zelda skills, also there's a new version of Hidden Duality in the works that's a director's cut that will add a few things to the game. There's also HDXtreme which is an insanly hard version of HD, however it is beatable so once you're done with HD, there is plenty more HD fun to be had. But, most of all, enjoy this game.

DarkFlameWolf
05-15-2003, 10:39 AM
Think of it this way, every new item you receive, will MORE THAN LIKELY be used some way or another in that current dungeon. (not always, there is 'one' exception) So if you're stuck, look for new objects or figures that you haven't seen in a dungeon before. Like level 3 for instance, there are the small tubes in the walls. You haven't seen them before this level, so try using the Wand to eliminate them. So always remember to use previous items or items you just acquired to move ahead.

Ielen
05-21-2003, 05:37 AM
I got the whistle but I think I used up all the keys already. I jumped down the pit and found the room with the music tile, but I can't open the locked door as I don't have a key. Any idea where I can get a key, as I explored almost every part of the dungeon, even rooms which I don't have the wand or glove.

Just when I thought I found a locked treasure chest that required the whistle to activate, it turned out to be the 50-rupees chest :cry:

DarkFlameWolf
05-21-2003, 12:43 PM
head all the way to the lower left of floor 1 in level 3. There will be some music tiles that open the way across the sands to a room right before the boss and a key.

Ielen
05-22-2003, 01:13 AM
Thanks DFW, I'm just cleared Lvl 4, but there's only one thing I am missing. Is there a HC in Lvl 4? I checked the Bandit cave and there wasn't.

synbios1978
05-22-2003, 12:23 PM
Nope, no heart container in level 4, nor is there one in level 8.

Crackers
05-25-2003, 08:40 PM
I need help finding the wand. Have been to all the rooms I can get into without it. I also went to the rupee chest and thought it would be the wand. I have 1 key left but can't get to any of the locked doors. I do have the ocarina.

TheGeepster
05-27-2003, 03:59 AM
OK, you have to make your way to the top floor and look for a way to drop down onto the second floor. From the second floor, you'll head downstairs to the first floor and the path to the wand.

If I recall right, the room you drop down from had wizzrobes, and a pushable block blocking the pit.

Crackers
05-27-2003, 09:01 PM
I have the wand and the bracelet now but am short on keys. exactly how many keys do we need on lv3? I found the one in you mentioned in an earlier message. Also, there are 3 entrances? I only found 2. Where is 3 at?

TheGeepster
05-28-2003, 06:28 AM
There's actually 2 entrances on the third floor. You'll come out one, and cross the brief bit of overworld to get to the other. This is the usual method of collecting one of the keys after you obtain the bracelet (and wand, too, I think.)

Crackers
05-28-2003, 07:43 PM
I did find the "other" entrance but I still have no key and have 2 more doors to go through to get to the boss. Somewhere along the way I really messed up. Maybe I'd just better start the whold thing over again, unless there is a key shop somewhere. Thanks for your help.

DarkFlameWolf
05-28-2003, 08:58 PM
well if you are starting over, might as well upgrade to the new Director's Cut version. [/shamless plug] ;)

Crackers
05-28-2003, 09:28 PM
Was hoping to get back here before someone answered. I found the keys and completed the level. I did upgrade. Can anyone tell me where to find some bomb upgrades? I've started lv4 and still only have 4 bombs. :cry: