PDA

View Full Version : SSBM Question

Metroid King
05-13-2003, 06:07 PM
It seems that there is more then one version of this game out. How do you know what version you got? Becaus the action replaycodes I've got don't work.:confuse2:

mike5000
05-13-2003, 06:25 PM
are there 2 diff. sets of codes listed? If so try the other set and if they work, Thats your version. Other than that I dont see a version listed on the disk, nor the case!

ShyGuy0824
05-13-2003, 07:43 PM
More than one version? I haven't heard that, apart from the original being on N64 and Melee being on gamecube, in which case you should check your source if they're not working or both systems if you have them.

Ruler26
05-13-2003, 08:09 PM
There's definitely more than one version of Melee...one difference that I'm sure of is that in the earlier version, Daisy's trophy model has a third eye on the back of her head under her hair, while in my version, the third eye is not present.

Metroid King
05-14-2003, 08:25 PM
The third eye isn't there on mine either.

MottZilla
05-14-2003, 09:06 PM
Try a code, like player 1 takes no damage, and test it. If it works, you have that version of the game. If not, try one from another listed version and test. That's the only way to do it.

Ian
05-15-2003, 11:35 AM
my version has the eye on the back of the head :p

There being 2 versions of Melee is new to me though. It was never announced or anything. Do you know any other differences?

Petoe
05-15-2003, 02:24 PM
I have to buy SSBM! I hope I get the better version...if there is a better version? :D It would be nice to know the differences.

Grasshopper
05-15-2003, 02:37 PM
Versions? How about this.

Version 1 is the one released in December 2001
Version 2 is the Player's Choice that was released a few months back.

Thats just my guess, but thats how it works on PS2 games, one being the original, the other being the Greatest Hits. Of course the probably could be more. :shrug:

AtmaWeapon
05-15-2003, 02:39 PM
You have to cheat at SSBM? I'm not the best of gamers, but I've pretty much milked that game of its dignity by now. How about you cheat it like I'm cheating R-Type III and Quake III: Set aside 1-2 hours a day, and play the game exclusively. Don't set it to a difficulty you can win at, play at a level where you usually lose. I've gone from losing at "Hurt Me Plenty" level on some maps in Quake III to every level defeated on Hardcore and 4 of them on Nightmare. Practice. Cheaters get owned by their friends who actually play the game.

Metroid King
05-15-2003, 08:51 PM
No I don't have to cheat I let my friends use it because they suck. I've got everything on the game!

TheGeepster
05-16-2003, 07:11 AM
I think sometimes there are several versions because small changes are made to fix bugs and stuff, and the modified version is sold in place of the original. Of course, the gamer company has no reason to announce this, and usually the changes aren't noticed at all, except if someone tries to exploit a bug they hear about and they have the version with it fixed.

Jawa Podracer
05-17-2003, 06:02 PM
Hmm, two versions. I'll have to check mine out. I bought it used, so I have no ideas which version it is.

Metroid King
05-17-2003, 07:56 PM
Alrighty my version is v1.1 I just used each Enable code and it finaly worked.

ShadowTiger
05-19-2003, 03:31 PM
Where did you get codes for this? I mean, how did you activate them? *sigh* Rather, I did not know that there is a cheating system for the Game Cube. I thought it was impossible to do, since the travel from the Cartridge. How does it work?