PDA

View Full Version : It's that time of year!

tgf_guy
05-12-2003, 11:25 PM
http://games.thedgn.com/index.php?page=e3.php

Live E3 coverage!

Grasshopper
05-13-2003, 11:53 AM
Just checking around and I see this...

"Apparently, that playable Conker title we reported on earlier will be titled Conker: Live and Uncut, which is an Xbox Live-enabled team-based shooter. It will be available in 2004."

Geez, what is wrong with them people. They change Perfect Dark to look like anime, and now they turn Conker into team-based shooter? :eyebrow: *sigh* I don't get why they got to change everything.

Maybe Grabbed By The Ghoulies will good though. :shrug:

Blonde799
05-13-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Grasshopper
Geez, what is wrong with them people. They change Perfect Dark to look like anime, and now they turn Conker into team-based shooter? :eyebrow: *sigh* I don't get why they got to change everything.

Rare lost what made them exceptional. Kinda sad, now we have to see EA make bad Bond games for the next 6 years.:cry:

Beldaran
05-13-2003, 02:59 PM
Bitch bitch bitch. All you guys do is bitch. Maybe you'd like Nintendo to release another sequel that's been done a million times. Would that make you happy?:rolleyes:

I think all the games at e3 look great.

Blonde799
05-13-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Beldaran
Bitch bitch bitch. All you guys do is bitch. Maybe you'd like Nintendo to release another sequel that's been done a million times. Would that make you happy?:rolleyes:

Yes. Making a 3D Metroid game similar to playing as Samus in adventure mode of SSBM would be great. MP was cool, but there were a lot of problems that kept it from being the best, like the control scheme and the evidence of loading. Ever heard of the saying "Don't fix what ain't broke"?

EA has been dishing out Bond games left and right. They get better, but they try too hard and rush things, leaving us with yet another game that's far from the godsend that is and always will be until the impossible, Goldeneye. FRD should get the rights back.:p

Now, one can't argue that the games at E3 don't look great. Every single one of them look great. Anyone remember last year's E3? Those games look great too, but some, when released, fell short. Very short.

VashdeStampedo!
05-13-2003, 04:59 PM
Interplay is doing this, too. Making FBoS instead of Fallout 3, when they know from FOT that a Fallout spinoff that's not an RPG is going to fail. It kinda says something if most of your best development team leaves because of it. And when they got 100% negative feedback on their boards, they erase it all and say that the consumers want FBoS, despite that the posters (who just so happen to accurately represent none other than *gasp* the consumers) all say to make Fallout 3 first.

I just hope Blizzard buys Fallout when Interplay inevitably fails.

ShyGuy0824
05-13-2003, 08:04 PM
On the contrary, changing Conker is a very smart move on the part of Rare. Although they are leaving the successful fun gameplay of the 64 days, first person shooters appeal to the core audience of the xbox (how many shooters have done well? Platformers?). Meanwhile, with the character of conker for advertising use, even if rare made a completely mediocre shooter, with the trash-talking squirrel, it would still sell very well.

As far as the games of this year's show, I'm very interested in Tetra's Trackers, F-zero, Giftpia, Mario Kart, Viewtiful Joe, P.N.5, ScGhost, Fable, Gheist, Ninja Gaiden, Brute Force, and Mario and Luigi RPG...

And Beldaran, there's nothing wrong with sequels, as they can often enhance the original game experience by providing additional gameplay and storyline, although new games are more likely to be considered the 'great' games. I'm kind of disappointed there aren't more 'interesting' games from nintendo, but in all likelyhood this group will be the last of the big titles from the big N, as they will be gearing up for their next system by this time next year...

Grasshopper
05-13-2003, 10:24 PM
Beldaran, I'm not trying to bitch. I'm just stating that CBFD, regardless of what system its on was a very nice game. Why change the game design completely. Why not expand on whats great and add so many more improvements. The game was pretty original first. Now they're are going to completely change it and it will be like all the other "team based" crap out there. Why not give the first idea another chance on their current console. And please don't throw Nintendo's name around like you're talking to a Nintendo fanboy.

On the contrary, I'd like to see some more stuff on Grabbed By The Ghoulies. Seems to remind me of Zombies ate my Neighbors. That would be cool.

And yes, Blonde, a british company working on a british spy game would be :thumbsup:.

AtmaWeapon
05-13-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by ShyGuy0824
Meanwhile, with the character of conker for advertising use, even if rare made a completely mediocre shooter, with the trash-talking squirrel, it would still sell very well.

Yeah, I buy all my games not for the gameplay, but whichever one has the best commercial. Oh wait.

ShyGuy0824
05-13-2003, 10:33 PM
Atma, neither do I, however I doubt that you would represent the 'masses' of the video gaming audience, who on the whole are much less informed and definitely statistically moved by hype. I'm not talking about whether the game would be good or not, just that it would sell.

Brasel
05-15-2003, 04:26 AM
METAL GEAR SOLID 3!!!! THIS IS AWSOME!!!! *cries*