PDA

View Full Version : My birthday party wasn't QUITE what I expected it to be...

Dr. Mutagen
05-11-2003, 10:44 PM
I planned to have a big birthday party bash at my house with a handful of my friends on the day before my birthday (April 27th to be more specific), but it turned out that I had to work at the last minute, so I had to call it off since I figured that I didn't want to take the day off at such short notice. My boss actually helped me to reschedule the party since he felt sorry for making me work that day. Well, we set the party up for yesterday at 12-4 pm. I was hoping that I could get some of the people who couldn't make it before could make it this time. Boy, was I wrong! A lot of my friends couldn't make it because of some last minute stuff. One of my friends had his nose broken in three places after accidentaly being hit in the face during the school play the previous day. One of my other friends planned to be there but she obviously forgot about the whole thing. So it was just my best friend Evan and I for a while. Mike had some errands to run, but he showed up later, so that was cool. Basically all we did was eat cake and pizza, talk about stuff, and watch Raiders of the Lost Ark (Kick-ass movie :D ). The party was still fun, but it was a far cry from what I expected. I was hoping that girls would actually make up the majority of the party invitees, but it turned out to be an all-guy sort of thing, which was kinda bland. Oh well....

Rijuhn
05-11-2003, 10:53 PM
Man, I feel for ya. I haven't really had a birthday party since I was in the 6th grade. It was me and 4 of my friends at the time. I think I invited a few girls, but I knew they weren't going to show up for a dork party like mine. I kind of wish I was a child again, so I could go back and do all the fun stuff that I missed out on. I wish I had more parties.

moocow
05-11-2003, 11:31 PM
Parties are fun. Especially when you get drunk and act stupid. Good times.

/me only has a month until her birthday....

PolygonX8
05-12-2003, 03:11 AM
well, unlike you guys, i just get a damn cake for my birthday.

Dr. Mutagen
05-12-2003, 12:15 PM
I was originally going to have the party at the bowling alley in town, but the damn place was closed. That is such a cool place to have parties. I know because that's where I had my last birthday party.

moocow
05-12-2003, 12:32 PM
Last year, for my birthday, my boyfriend was supposed to take me to dinner and promised me some kind of really exciting gift...

I spent the whole day at his house... with his family. I didn't eat all day... and you know what he got me? Eminem's new cd, it was my graduation/birthday present. He got it for me so I'd give his back to him.

/me sighs :p

obi
05-12-2003, 01:45 PM
My culture sucks, birthdays arent a celebrated thing and the only reason we do anything special is because we live down here. Granted with my parents being right asholes about this sorta thing, I'll not be able to invite freinds round (we usually invite family or go round another family members house, and we all know how fun family are....). Im hoping for the better this year though, college students get much better parties than non-college students it seems ^_^

ka7an4
05-13-2003, 04:59 PM
I never really had parties, I never really had the urge to. I would usually just go out with my mom and get presents, fine with me. =)

Yoshiman
05-13-2003, 06:50 PM
I never have parties. I just like to sit at home and celebrate with my family. I invite Link101 over, but that's it.

Ich
05-13-2003, 10:44 PM
I don't think I've had a real party with anyone but my family since maybe 3rd or 4th grade. Oh well, at least I have friends online (I think).

Pathwalker
05-13-2003, 11:05 PM
I've never had a birthday party. nor did I have a birthday cake until my 21st birthday....

I always had a watermelon instead. Ice cream and watermelon for mid summer. What a treat. Of course, we raised our own melons and I ususally got the first one off the vine. LOL