PDA

View Full Version : Save Target As...

Yoshiman
05-11-2003, 01:09 PM
I need help with my computer. I can't download MIDIs because my computer doesn't let me use "save target as". Every time I right click, save target as is in grey. If it helps, I'm using Windows 98 on a Compaq Presario.

Jawa Podracer
05-11-2003, 01:48 PM
Try clicking on the MIDI, and Windows Media Player(or whatever you use) should pop up. Then, go to file, save as. It should work.

DarkDragon
05-11-2003, 01:54 PM
Sound like either another user or program tampered with the registry settings of Internet Explorer. Have you tried reinstalling IE yet?

obi
05-11-2003, 02:16 PM
if you just open the midi with a left click, it will be saved to the Temporary internet files folder, which can be found in the c:\windows. just take it from there if all else fails, it may have a wierd name though.

Yoshiman
05-11-2003, 03:17 PM
How do I set the player I want to use? I'm trying to use Windows media player, bu it always wants to use Quicktime.

stormwatcheagle
05-11-2003, 03:31 PM
I have the same problem. I blame Windows XP. When I was using 2000, everything was cool. Now, I can't save files.

inori
05-11-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Yoshiman
How do I set the player I want to use? I'm trying to use Windows media player, bu it always wants to use Quicktime.

Sounds like a file extensions problem. You can change file extensions from Explorer windows, if I remember right... some "Options" command. (I can't find the exact command for you because I'm on Linux right now.)

stormwatcheagle
05-11-2003, 08:35 PM
Right click the file extension you want to to play in Quicktime, click 'Open with...", click "choose program...", select Quicktime, check "Always use the selected file to open this kind of file"

Done.

Matteo
05-11-2003, 08:40 PM
You also have to go into programs such as quicktime, winamp, etc and make sure you disallow/uncheck the option to keep the player from automatically assuming supported file extensions even when its not in use.

Dr. Mutagen
05-11-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Jawa Podracer
Try clicking on the MIDI, and Windows Media Player(or whatever you use) should pop up. Then, go to file, save as. It should work.

Tried it, but the damn thing crashes the computer when I use it. I figure that it's because I need to upgrade my video card.

PolygonX8
05-12-2003, 03:15 AM
"How do I set the player I want to use? I'm trying to use Windows media player, bu it always wants to use Quicktime."
-Yoshiman

Go to start, settings, control panel, then folder options. When opened, go to file types and find MIDI. Where it says "open with"
there should be a button that says change. Click that and select the program.