PDA

View Full Version : Mother Nature's Fireworks...

Dracula
05-10-2003, 11:23 PM
Dude, it's like... BAD out here... We have Tornado Watches and Warning all around us... A few Tornadoes touched down around us, and there's quite a few T-storms around here... All we have is wind, and a kickass lightning show... Jjust ten minutes ago, it wasn't too bad... Try to think of the Final Fantasy 3 intro... Now, it's like a giant strobe light in the sky, and the thunder is like a constant earthquake... The clouds are moving FAST, it's pretty warm out, and pretty windy... Well, maybe we'll get a Tazmanian Devil to drop by tonight... OH SHIT... :uhoh:

BebyGoku
05-10-2003, 11:40 PM
You lucky bastart;) i love bad weather...tornados and thunderstorms are like the best thing in the world. Thats why i live in Oklahoma.....but we dont have any tonight

Ich
05-11-2003, 12:04 AM
We've just got clouds and rain, with occasional lightning.

Dracula, I love the pic in your sig. It seems to go well with your av and ct.

Dracula
05-11-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by ICHBINDASWALROSS

Dracula, I love the pic in your sig. It seems to go well with your av and ct.

Yeah, I know... Blows your mind, doesn't it? ;)

After I got offline, it got worse... It was pitch black out here, but when lightning kept hitting, it looked brighter than day... There were more tornado warnings around here, a few sightings, one in the town south of us, which I live right by... My window almost broke in because of the wind, the whole damn house was shaking... I was just in my room, looking at the red and whte blotches of light streaking across the sky... There's more tornado warnings and less tornado watches, so you can imagine more funnel clouds sighted... It's kinda settled down now, but it's still pretty shitty... I love watching this shit, just watching the lightning, feeling the thunder in the ground... I haven't seen a tornado in years... I don't think there will be one, but...eh, it's still fun to watch all the carnage surrounding our house...

Pablo
05-11-2003, 12:47 AM
Heh, my parents got all paranoid and sent us all into the basement, cause the big bad warning siren went off. What a waste of time...

/me waits for people who have been through tornadoes to flame me for being so ignorant

SSJ3500
05-11-2003, 12:52 AM
Well, it seems pretty damn quiet out there now. I do recall doing a report on tornados about 2 years ago at school and do remember some of the signs. There were more than a few of them showing. My parents and I don't get so worked up by this though, my dad was too busy watching a basketball game to bother worrying and I had and still have a site to get up.

stormwatcheagle
05-11-2003, 01:00 AM
Heh, they saw the funnel cloud. luckily, there was no touchdown.

My whole family ran into my untidy room in the basement. now, I have to clean it tomorrow.

DAMN WEATHER!

Rafnul
05-11-2003, 01:13 AM
There were sirens going off near my house for over an hour the other day. All it really did was hail for about 30 minutes. I had a friend in Kansas I was talking to, and a tornado touched down a mile from his house.

Actually, it was pretty cool because the center of the low pressure flew right over us, and we could see the rotation.

Naturally, the whole time I remained online.

Kirby of Doom
05-11-2003, 07:57 AM
We don't get too many tornadoes around here, although there have been in some parts of the state in the past few years.

However...

On June 7, 1953 there was a huge tornado here in Worcester and a lot of people died.

Hey, this year is the 50th anniversity. That can't be good.

Dracula
05-11-2003, 05:19 PM
I remember, about a decade ago, there was a funnel cloud right over my house... EXACTLY above it, it was the freakiest thing... Luckily, nothing TOO bad happen... Lightning hit our house (we have lightning rods, so you you can imagine how much shit dropped in my pants when the whole frickin house shook) and a tree got hit, and landed a good 2 feet away from crushing half of my house (mind you, we have REALLY big trees out here... Think Revolutionary War, and you'll get an idea of how old they are...) Oh, and the floods were horrible after that... My yard looked like a swamp... That was the worst storm I've ever experienced, and it was RIGHT over my house...

Dr. Mutagen
05-11-2003, 11:00 PM
Thank God I live in Northern Michigan! I'm usually kinda paranoid about that crap.

moocow
05-11-2003, 11:49 PM
I looooooooooove storms... they make me horny. No joke. Thunder and lightning ROCKS! :)

It thundered so loud the other morning, at 7, that I seriously jumped up out of bed like "WTF?!" It was cool though :D I love storms....

PolygonX8
05-12-2003, 03:08 AM
We don't get terrible weather here in Palmdale CA. Just really hot weather and winds. But we do have lightining every 3 years or so. When that happens i panic. I rush to my gamecube and nearly break it, while trying to turn it off. The only bad weather I can remember was about 8 years ago with a powerful gushing wind about 100mph. Dang, that seemed to be the scariest day of my life. But from what some of you people experience, crap, I'd flinch to the sound of a pin hitting the floor if I lived the life you guys did!