PDA

View Full Version : Production Update

Aegis Runestone
05-10-2003, 09:50 PM
Legend of Zelda: Warrior's Rise
Going VERY slow. Sorry, I'm fixing up a few things with the new features(didn't I do this last time with Beta 163? >_<) However, I have FINALLY gotten around my Desert Block, the Wasteland WILL be finished and it's palace with it. :)

The title and intro have been enchanced, now you can't see Link.
I'm also still deciding whether to make boss rooms and add Boss Keys. Hmmm... :)

LoZ Project: Luna
This is A filler title until I think of a good title. This quest has entered delevopment stage Alpha, meaning it now has it's own qst file and it's tiles are being made.
Storyline? bah! Wait until it gets it's individual update(I have to write it), but the storyline is beginning to come to me, and those creative juices are flowing. I'm hoping to get Wind Waker for GC for more inspiration.

Expect Screenies soon! *grins*
Hey what do ya know? Screenshots! :)

http://filespace.brentdax.com/AegisRunestone/WR05.gif
Slashin' and hey, is that the bow in the B Button?? ;)

http://filespace.brentdax.com/AegisRunestone/WR06.gif
Boss Key! Yes I have decided to use it :)

http://filespace.brentdax.com/AegisRunestone/WR07.gif
New Title Screen! Where's Link? :kawaii:

http://filespace.brentdax.com/AegisRunestone/WR08.gif
Preview of the new Mini-Dungeon before Level-4 :)

Blonde799
05-11-2003, 08:32 PM
Now that's purdy.:kawaii: Like the bow.

Demimore
05-12-2003, 03:18 AM
Yes. These are nice indeed, but you STILL haven't changed the name of it. The title says "WARRoiR'S RISE" Not "WARRioR'S RISE".
Don't you remember that I told you to fix this? ;)

I got the slash tiles to you, check your PM's. They might not be too good though....

Aegis Runestone
05-12-2003, 07:13 AM
What, you mean it's spelled Warrior? Dang it! I'll have to fix that! :p

BTW: In the forest Temple, you now only pick up that Bow and Arrow item :)

Demimore
05-12-2003, 07:19 AM
Warrior is spelled wrong, yes.... And what DO you mean about the forest temple? The arrow is outside if I remember correctly.... And the bow is inside.... Isn't that right? What you mean you removed the L2 sword? Good. It's not good to get it that early....

Aegis Runestone
05-12-2003, 07:23 AM
No.....The Arrow is removed from the outside, now you ONLY get a bow-and-arrow as one item, that pic of the bow-and-arrow is one item and yet you can still fire arrows :) hehehe.

Demimore
05-12-2003, 07:25 AM
Oh, but how did you do that then? Maybe you get the arrow, and the bow is in the init data, which is a black tile.... So you can't see it. And the arrow on the other hand, has a bow-arrow tile.... Am I right?

Aegis Runestone
05-12-2003, 12:51 PM
YES! That's right and that's what I'm doing FOR every single quest I'll make from now on. Having a bow and arrow item to get is so tedious. :p

I'm thinking of adding new enemy tiles for WR too.

Demimore
05-13-2003, 03:03 AM
Sweet. So, how about the quest, have you made anything 'big' since demo 2? It was three dungeons in that one if I remember correctly.... I saw in demo three that you were using the "Destruct" MIDI from Ys I. That's cool.

Aegis Runestone
05-13-2003, 07:57 AM
*grins* The Palace of Destruction midi is the final Dungeon music, and that was Demo THREE not two. :)

Yes, I have added the new enemy tiles, slash tiles, etc(thanx to you ;))

Demimore
05-13-2003, 08:07 AM
Yeah, Palace of destruction. That's the real name. Yes. Yes. Yeees.
Now, when .... No, wait....

HOW long have you come on the quest? I wanna know. Yep. Yep. Yep. Yep. Yeeep. (Wow, I'm feeling weird right now :rolleyes:)
Well, so you did use those slash tiles.... Well, I thoght they sucked a bit.... But oh, well..

Aegis Runestone
05-13-2003, 08:12 AM
Check the sig very once in awhile, mind you, I usually don't get a lot of time to work on these things. Let's just say it took awhile to get the enemy tiles working...

Demimore
05-13-2003, 08:16 AM
Aha.... I get it. I like the plans I know of though..... Area names when listenin to MIDIs, lol. Might not be "plans".... But still. The stuff seems cool.

Hmmm.... I got you those gear tiles btw, seen them? Lookie in the Dev's exchange.

Another question, do you stick to the alltp tiles, or have you or are you planning on ripping some other stuff too?

Aegis Runestone
05-13-2003, 08:19 AM
I'm sticking to the old Lttp tiles, but I'll probably use your gear tiles too, and of course, some of my own.

zed_cool
05-13-2003, 08:23 AM
When will Warriors Rise come?? It looks so cool I want to try it out!!!

Demimore
05-13-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Demimore
Sweet. So, how about the quest, have you made anything 'big' since demo 2? It was three dungeons in that one if I remember correctly.... I saw in demo three that you were using the &quot;Destruct&quot; MIDI from Ys I. That's cool.

See that? I SAID demo three.:laughing:

Anyways.. You will at least get some MORE tiles than the ones in that old tileset, wontcha? I gotta say that that tileset is a little .... well, what's the word.... Maybe "thin" but I guess that's not the proper word for the whole piece of crap. lol. Well, I made two quests with it, so it might just be allright.

Now: :naughty: :kawaii: :cyclops: :laughing: :D

Aegis Runestone
05-13-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Demimore
Sweet. So, how about the quest, have you made anything 'big' since demo 2?

Recheck your quote, Demi. :) You're STILL wrong. i'll get a few new tiles, but I CANNOT replace the old ones, otherwise I'll have to remake the combos AND the maps, you don't understand how scrambled the tileset is. If you want new tiles, completely, then WR won't come out for a year.

zed_cool: Go to the Quest DB(here) (http://www.zcnetwork.net/qdb) and go to Demo Quests, all the quests are list alphabetically by Quest Author, so my quest link will appear as "Aegis Runestone: Warrior's Rise", it should be one of the first links on the page. This is Demo 3 for Beta 163, but it will work on any beta that is 163 or above. Enjoy! :kawaii: Oh yeah, Demo 3 does not have slash tiles'n new enemy tiles, so it's not as l337, however I will release a Demo 4 for 182 soon. ;)

Demimore
05-13-2003, 01:14 PM
I saw in demo THREE that you were using the "Destruct" MIDI from Ys I. That's cool.

See? Demo three! I'M right. lol ;)

Well, yes. I know how the tileset is.... And yes, you're right. That's a hard one.

Aegis Runestone
05-13-2003, 03:04 PM
You said Demo 2 first, then Demo 3, so you're half-right. :) Now stop arguing about it before I give you a b34t1ng! :p It's stupid to argue about it anyways.

Demimore
05-14-2003, 04:28 AM
Yes. Yes it is indeed.... But isn't it the reason that we ARE arguing about it? ;)