PDA

View Full Version : Which is better...

idontknow
05-10-2003, 07:34 PM
open zelda or zelda classic?..i'm not sure what open zelda is but if its worthwhile, i'll try that; although i bet it isn't half as good as zelda classic!

The Savior
05-11-2003, 12:51 AM
Which is better, a Farrari or a semi-truck? The answer, of course, depends on what exactly you want to do. Open Zelda is very pretty, but is unfinished. Zelda Classic doesn't have some of the frills that OZ has, but it has everything needed to make a full-length quest.

Knil
05-11-2003, 03:49 AM
im with idk. what is oz? i havent heard much about it, but, i hang in the zc forums only...

TheGeepster
05-11-2003, 10:12 PM
Open Zelda is a competing Zelda clone. I've not ever played it, but from what I understand, which is better for a particular person depends on personal factors.

Open Zelda is based more on scripts and programming, and is thus recommended more for people who understand something about general programming, or don't mind diving into programming. Think something needs to be added? Then you can write the code for how it runs (and find out exactly how much work it is to get it to work right)

For those who cannot program, or wish to avoid it, then Zelda Classic is what you want. You're more at the mercy of the clone programmers, but it's a bit easier to use.

Knil
05-12-2003, 04:27 PM
ok. im sticking with zc